Soundcard/speakers - buzz/crackle sound

Soldato
Hi guys,

I've recently notice my left speaker is omitting a buzz/crackle at very low volume level... - you can really hear it on the intro's to songs etc. I've got a pair of Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 speakers.

I'm using a X570 MSI Tomahawk motherboard and the onboard soundcard with latest manufacturer's driver.

Any ideas? The speakers are fine at volume but it is annoying. They're less than 6 months old but I'm not sure if it is them?

Soldato
Wipe the drivers and reinstall. If that doesn't work find some earlier drivers and try those.

I've owned pcs for over 20 years and sound card/onboard drivers are by far the most problematic.

Soldato
OP
Wipe the drivers and reinstall. If that doesn't work find some earlier drivers and try those.

I've owned pcs for over 20 years and sound card/onboard drivers are by far the most problematic.
Thanks! So, after a power down over night, switching the speakers off, the noise has gone?!

Could it have been speaker static, a driver glitch possibly?

Soldato
Windows may have automatically download and installed another driver whilst on the next boot up.

There are so many things it could be. a lot of the time it's a lead connection that isn't quite sitting right in the port and a bit of wiggling around, unplugging and plugging back in sorts it.

I had a ticking sound coming through my speakers for months and I couldn't work out what it was. In the end it was the tp link powerline adapters. Unplugged those and it was fine! Strange things sound cards/speakers

Back
Top Bottom