1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundcards with front bay/panels and PCI-e cards vs external interfaces

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Minusorange, May 6, 2018.

1. Minusorange

Wise Guy

What options are there these days for Sound cards with the front bay/panels ?

[​IMG]

One that would actually be an upgrade to the one above preferably with the same input options (mainly want the MIDI port)

Also is there even any point in buying a PCI-E soundcard to upgrade above when I already have a high quality external audio interface that I just use for recording music, I never really thought about it but it should technically do the same job right ?

2. Mr Plow

Gangster

If you're just after MIDI from it then can you not just use a USB to MIDI interface (something by M-Audio perhaps) to connect your MIDI controller to the PC?

3. Minusorange

Wise Guy

I've already got an external interface with midi and xlr, I just liked the front panel of the fatality as I found it gave better latency and it's an extra MIDI slot for me, I don't mind losing it but I would prefer a front panel at least so wondering what's out there or is there even any point in upgrading when I already have an interface + the fatality works fine"ish" (I'm not sure if drivers are conflicting as they're custom made since creative stopped supporting)

The important question is do I need a new soundcard and will it give any additional bonus over my interface, if the interface is sufficient then there's not much point upgrading