Spa 24h

Soldato
I watched the first couple hours, then needed to sleep. Have been tuned in for the last 6 hours. It's not the most amazing race so far, but stuff has been happening.
I found the lack of crash coverage when it happened pretty confusing. I don't think they even mentioned that there had been an incident for about 10 minutes. Needed to use other social media, and live timing to piece it together.
Even in the hours of highlights we've had so far, it's been brushed off as just an accident with no mention of the drivers who were involved.

Heavy crash and car was destroyed, but looked like cockpit relatively intact. They say "no life threatening injuries" but it's still worrying there's been no further update on Aitken. Hope no long term damage!

Nice to see the sky brightening up now. :cool:

Soldato
OP
I've been here since 10 this morning, sleep is overrated, although I am off back to the hotel in about 2 hours when we change over, then back in later for the end of the race to pack up..

After the crash 2 of the drivers were cleared by the on site medical team, the other 2 went to the hospital but are both ok so I hear.

I have just heard that a driver was on his way back to the track from the hotel on a scooter and has fallen off and is now on his way to the hospital with cuts on his head and a concussion...

Soldato
I have just heard that a driver was on his way back to the track from the hotel on a scooter and has fallen off and is now on his way to the hospital with cuts on his head and a concussion...

That suggests he wasn’t wearing a helmet, you’d think racing drivers would know better…

OT but seen a few posts indicating that you spend a lot of time working at circuits, are you with a team, media or something else?

Soldato
OP

Update on this, it was one of the KCMG drivers and apparently he was knocked off of his scooter by a quad bike, so not entirely a case of him just falling off a scooter...

Back
Top Bottom