Spain vs Portugal in UHD HLG

Soldato
no .. runs on a roku see comments in other thread.
... but directly on a tv will it tell you which stream you're getting ?

Associate
no .. runs on a roku see comments in other thread.
... but directly on a tv will it tell you which stream you're getting ?

No there is no "stats for nerds" like youtube.
I did read you need a 40mb connection for full fat 4K they downsize the stream according to your internet speed.

"For the full 3840 pixel Ultra HD, you'll need at least a 40Mbit/s connection. If your connection is 20Mbit/s and above, you'll be presented with 2560 pixel Ultra HD. All footage will be shown at 50 frames per second."

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone having trouble with the sound cutting out?

Pictures fine for but the sound keeps cutting out. Dunno if it’s something to do with my sonos speakers?

200mb virgin so internet speed isn’t an issue.

Soldato
Just been watching it didnt realise it kicks in till kick off. Sound is fine for me. Just been comparing the HD picture from freeview with the iplayer UHD. Looks quite good the pitch detail you can see a difference and you can see quite a big difference in the Aussie yellow shirts on HD the yellow is more blurred as though the sun is reflecting off the shirts but in UHD you can see the detail and little shadow of the shirt creases. My son is watching flaming Youtube again too which doesnt help but will definitely try this in future.

Associate
I was hoping to get it via my panny ub900 as that does hlg. But nope.

Got the same problem with my Samsung KS7000 - TV isn't on the supported list on the BBC website so I've bought a Roku Streaming stick+ and it's been perfect. One thing I know for sure is I won't be getting a Samsung ever again.

Associate
I'm watching the France Australia game in UHD. It looks amazing but anyone notice there's a sound picture lag? On the penalties, the commentary announce the goal 5 seconds before the player takes it.

Associate
I'm watching the France Australia game in UHD. It looks amazing but anyone notice there's a sound picture lag? On the penalties, the commentary announce the goal 5 seconds before the player takes it.

I found the same,it was fine but the app stopped with an error.
When i restarted the app the sound s out of sync.

Back
Top Bottom