Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2017, Catalunya - Race 5/20

Rate the 2017 Spanish Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
3M8d2gM.png

Catalunya
The Formula One teams are no strangers to the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (formerly known as the Circuit de Catalunya); not only have they raced there every year since 1991, they also conduct extensive testing at the venue.

Familiarity does not, however, lessen the challenge for car or driver. Barcelona's mix of high- and low-speed corners, plus its abrasive and rather bumpy track surface, makes for a physically and mechanically taxing race.

Tyre wear is particularly high and the varying winds that cut across the circuit mean an optimum set-up can be hard to find.

For spectators Turn 1 (also known as Elf corner) is among the best places to watch, as it is one of the track's few overtaking opportunities. For the drivers it is the final two turns, known collectively as New Holland, which provide one of the biggest challenges of the season. A fast exit is essential in order to maximise speed down the start-finish straight into Elf.

2017 marks the 27th time Barcelona has hosted the Spanish Grand Prix. Michael Schumacher has been the most successful driver at the circuit, with a total of six victories. Among the current drivers, Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Felipe Massa and Max Verstappen have all won there.

TV Times
Sky:
U6kaCc7.png

C4:
Kb8BGnS.png

Track Diagram & Information
wOEaLQ2.png

Weather Forecast
MyINMdo.png

2016 Onboard Lap
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/5/Onboard_pole_position_lap_-_Spain_2016.html

2016 Race Edit
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/5/Director's_Cut__Spain_2016.html

Spain Preview Quotes
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/5/spain-preview-quotes.html

WDC Standings
Bes0wG8.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
fuw8L6X.png

Practice 1
fj62oRv.png

Practice 2
HSAU6uU.png

Practice 3
ZSgxGhe.png

Qualifying
VPn9BA2.png

Race
yKGEyLT.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I love Barcelona. As a place mainly though, as the races are not normally too interesting. Fingers and toes crossed for this one. A pity that Red Bull are not able to bring their complete upgrade package.

Man of Honour
OP
I love Barcelona. As a place mainly though, as the races are not normally too interesting. Fingers and toes crossed for this one. A pity that Red Bull are not able to bring their complete upgrade package.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when I went to testing. Historically the races have been poor, but to actually go watch the cars track side it was a great place.

Soldato
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when I went to testing. Historically the races have been poor, but to actually go watch the cars track side it was a great place.

I'll keep endlessly banging the F1 testing drum at people who like it but find it too expensive to go to a race. Testing is cheap as chips and Barcelona is the perfect place to see it.

Man of Honour
I'll keep endlessly banging the F1 testing drum at people who like it but find it too expensive to go to a race. Testing is cheap as chips and Barcelona is the perfect place to see it.
I enjoyed my first trip there for testing, wish I stayed a couple more days to see the city as we pretty much just went to the track for 2 days :) Great views around the track.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm looking forward to seeing how all the new packages will work this weekend, see if the pecking order changes at all.
RBR, FI and Renault all expecting large improvements.

Soldato
Should make driver identification a bit easier for the casual and people at the circuits.

A good idea I feel :)

I've never had a problem with it, but when you're at Silverstone and everyone in the stand is cheering for Rosberg on the victory lap and you're sat there thinking "you bloody idiots that's the wrong guy".. maybe we do need better driver signage.

Back
Top Bottom