Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2022, Barcelona - Race 6

Rate the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Agree with the above. They were quick in FP sessions for Miami, but nowhere when it mattered. They blamed the car being hard to tune to get the tyres to warm up quickly and consistently. They're effectively back to their 2012/2013 form where they could go from winning a race to nowhere from one weekend to the next based on how the setup and weather treated the tyres.

Soldato
Agree with the comments about them being quick in FP sessions, especially FP2, at the past two tracks really and then gone backwards but they do seem to have fixed the porpoising... Maybe some part of that is the track but they were all doing it in pre-season testing, so it would appear their upgrades are doing something right.

I still expect them to be behind the Ferrari and RB in Qualifying/Race but hopefully closer...

Caporegime
Certainly looks like a Merc improvement is the real deal here/with their new floor.

I too still expect them to be slower than the RB and Ferrari come qualy/race, but i do think they will be a lot closer.

I think Russell and Hamilton are faster drivers than Sainz and Perez, so if they get close in terms of car performance, i think they will be snapping at the heels of the slower driver from those pair.

Soldato
Merc are probably getting a taste of the last 8 years now, hitting the top of the timesheets on a Friday and thinking they're in business only to find the big boys turn up the wick on Saturday and they're back where they started again! Like always used to happen with teams chasing them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom