Rate the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Team orders on the 6th race, Max was easily gonna pass him anyway, no need to enforce it. Perez might as well just turn up for the pay if he gets re-signed. He'd be better swapping with Sainz for a chance to race (who I feel for, he seems a great guy but he's just not up there).

The only good part of the race was Russell defending Max.

Soldato
Decent race for Barcelona. Nothing special but good for that track.

Can't say I feel for LeClerc, he has to expect a couple of DNFs or problems during a season. As Brundle said, take away reliability and Max would already be ahead in the standings anyway.

Solid race by Perez, shame he's too slow to really give RB a problem when it comes to team orders.

Russell was good, very consistent. Helped massively by Max's DRS issues. Again just a steady solid drive.

Not sure why some on here are moaning about Lewis' defeatist attitude. He's been like that all his career. Yet still regularly puts on a good recovery drive whilst moaning. He had a good drive today.

Very poor by Danni Ricciardo for me. Always been a fan but he needs to start getting some results this season or move on. Obviously it didn't start well for him with covid, but enough is enough. If he doesn't start beating Norris McLaren may make the choice for him.

Sainz, had yet another poor race. Not concerned about the spin, but more the lack of progression afterwards. Especially given Lewis' performance, and what you'd expect from the like's of Max.

Soldato
When was Bottas's strategy thrown under a bus at race 6?

I have no objection to team orders, I dislike teams deciding they'll only give one driver a chance at the championship from early in the season.
Which is why I think team orders should be banned until the halfway point of the season, after the halfway point you can then favour the driver in the lead

Caporegime
I might be wrong but wasn’t Bottas told to let Hamilton by at the same GP last season in what was only the 4th race of the year…

Edit: I’m not wrong and a few posters called Bottas an idiot for not complying, one of which is complaining about it today :D

Man of Honour
Let's look at Leclerc's Monaco record.

2017 - F2 - Sprint Retired
2017 - F2 - Feature Retired
2018 - F1 - Crashed
2019 - F1 - Crashed
2021 - F1 - DNS (due to a crash in Quali after securing pole)
2022 - Monaco Historique - Crashed

Oh....

Soldato
Much better viewing what we had last race :)
Max doesn't help himself on the radio he probably doesn't care but doesn't come across well, look how Charles was after what happened to him

Super drive from George made it very entertaining :) this time can't say he was lucky :)

Unlucky for Lewis did so well to get back just isn't getting the breaks with the car improving wont be long

We could start seeing all 3 teams fighting it out with merc really making progress

Soldato
I might be wrong but wasn’t Bottas told to let Hamilton by at the same GP last season in what was only the 4th race of the year…

Don't recall, but again that is totally wrong, they wouldn't have a team without drivers so why do they insist on being the driver from the pit wall, rather than letting drivers actually drive. It's pathetic tbh, and I don't like it anywhere in racing.

Soldato
Max would have caught him up anyway with fresher tires they should have let it play it out and just say to Perez , Max has the fresher tires

Caporegime
Don't recall, but again that is totally wrong, they wouldn't have a team without drivers so why do they insist on being the driver from the pit wall, rather than letting drivers actually drive. It's pathetic tbh, and I don't like it anywhere in racing.
We all know why, it has nothing to do with the drivers and their championship and everything to do with the constructors and their sponsors.

Soldato
Within the constraints of it being "the spanish grand prix" it was very entertaining today, thought George drove brilliantly, as did Lewis to be fair, once he'd got the moaning out of the way. If Merc get their act together then it could get very interesting for the championship.

Such a shame the Mcclaren's continue to be nowhere

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I felt it was a boring race. The first 33 laps seemed to drag and if it wasn’t for Leclerc retiring and Russell defending Max, I’d have turned off.

Caporegime
When was Bottas's strategy thrown under a bus at race 6?

I have no objection to team orders, I dislike teams deciding they'll only give one driver a chance at the championship from early in the season.

Which is why I think team orders should be banned until the halfway point of the season, after the halfway point you can then favour the driver in the lead

I can 100% guarantee you that Bottas' contract in every year he was number 2 to Hamilton, specifically stated, he will be allowed to win a few races, but will not be allowed to compete for the championship.

Number 2 was his role, to get points for the constructors.
He knew it from day one when he signed for the team.

Caporegime

I don't agree, because team orders do more than decide between their drivers and the biggest issues aren't necessarily team orders anyway. For example, today the biggest issue was putting Perez on an inferior strategy in order to defend position, for example.

I can 100% guarantee you that Bottas' contract in every year he was number 2 to Hamilton, specifically stated, he will be allowed to win a few races, but will not be allowed to compete for the championship.

Yes, we should ignore what Hamilton, Bottas, Mercedes, and every source from Mercedes current and past has said and listen to Entai instead :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Toto - Lewis. Sorry for the temperatures at the end. it was an amazing race. Amazing race. Quickest car out there. Probably best race time. Would have gone for the win. So amazing.

Hamilton - Great work guys. Really happy with that result. This is really positive for us all guys. thank you so much and continue to push. This improvements really worked this week end. Lets keep pushing guys. Thank you.

James - Alright Lewis. Really, really strong drive today. You were the fastest man on track. We've got a lot of potential going forward.

Toto - Lewis. You were 50 seconds behind Verstappen at the start. You are 40 behind him now.

Hamilton - Is the engine ok?

Pit - Will have to have a look. We think so, yeah. Was a bit drastic at the end I'm afraid. But was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom