Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2022, Barcelona - Race 6

Rate the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I don't agree, because team orders do more than decide between their drivers and the biggest issues aren't necessarily team orders anyway. For example, today the biggest issue was putting Perez on an inferior strategy in order to defend position, for example.

Yes, we should ignore what Hamilton, Bottas, Mercedes, and every source from Mercedes current and past has said and listen to Entai instead :rolleyes:

I have seen the contracts.

NDA 's mean those more closely involved cannot officially comment, but I have not signed one.

Told you many times I have sources extremely close to the centre of the team.

But hey, go for it, believe who you want, I know the truth, no biggie to me if you believe it or not.

Soldato
Toto - Lewis. You were 50 seconds behind Verstappen at the start. You are 40 behind him now.
Wow is that true? Pretty impressive if so. He did seem to be carving up the field ala 2021.
I have seen the contracts.

NDA 's mean those more closely involved cannot officially comment, but I have not signed one.
Surely you sign an NDA before you get anywhere close to “seeing” a contract. But hey, what do I know.

Soldato
Gave it 8. Other than the George/ Max battle (and even that was only a battle becasue of faulty DRS) there wasn't much racing but there was plenty of other twists and turns that made the race interesting. Lewis once agian showed that he can't make a right calls when it comes to racing strategy and wanting to retire at the start of the race. I know Merc have made some poor calls in the past but he needs to trust them more as they're right more often than he is. Shame about both Mercs having technical problems at the end as otherwise both George and Lewis had solid race. Gutted for Charles but these things happen and makes the championship battle more interesting. Would have prefered no team orders from RB but also understandable considering past Multi 21 crashes in the past. Hopefully Checo will get the same treatment in future. McLaren once again nowhere to be seen :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Shame to see RB telling Perez to FO when he was over 2s ahead, but hey ho.

Great to see Mercedes back where they belong near the front, but a shame for Ferrari as I'd much rather see them win the title rather than RB.
Surprisingly decent race.

Soldato
Shame to see RB telling Perez to FO when he was over 2s ahead, but hey ho.

Great to see Mercedes back where they belong near the front, but a shame for Ferrari as I'd much rather see them win the title rather than RB.
Surprisingly decent race.

Was reported as being on a different race strategy and would have been caught up.

Gave this a 5 as other than a few blips was fairly predictable. People wonder why cry baby Hamilton is so disliked , a true champion would just shut up and drive .

Soldato
a true champion would just shut up and drive
1) I think I disagree. I don't know why a true champion can't be annoyed at being in such a terrible position. Just off the top of my head, Alonso has done it lots. 2) For that matter, is there anyone on the grid that doesn't whinge and moan? Hamilton definitely wasn't the one moaning the most today. He pointed something out, then got on with the job and was the best driver on the track.

I think it's more about some people don't like Hamilton and then they can't have a straight/impartial view on things...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Was reported as being on a different race strategy and would have been caught up.

Gave this a 5 as other than a few blips was fairly predictable. People wonder why cry baby Hamilton is so disliked , a true champion would just shut up and drive .
I don't buy it.
Obviously I'm no expert, so happy to be proved wrong, but it looked like they pulled him in for Softs at the end to make it look that way.
The "different strategy" was to pull him in (unnecessarily?) for Softs to get the fastest lap, and also ensure he finished 2nd and not challenge Max for the win.

Caporegime
Very entertaining race.

Great Battle between Russell and Max.

Lewis was mighty fast...the guy just cannot catch a break recently though. What on earth was Mags thinking?

I think Merc have definitely taken a step forward, but Red Bull in race trim are still decently ahead.

Caporegime
Just realised Ham only missed out on fastest lap by a tenth of a second!

Certainly looks like the Merc has some race pace in it.

Associate
1) I think I disagree. I don't know why a true champion can't be annoyed at being in such a terrible position. Just off the top of my head, Alonso has done it lots. 2) For that matter, is there anyone on the grid that doesn't whinge and moan? Hamilton definitely wasn't the one moaning the most today. He pointed something out, then got on with the job and was the best driver on the track.

I think it's more about some people don't like Hamilton and then they can't have a straight/impartial view on things...
This - I’ve just learned to accept it.

His pace was absolutely stonking. He might not be able to get that car up there on one lap pace but, he’s still a master of these tyres.

Soldato
People wonder why cry baby Hamilton is so disliked , a true champion would just shut up and drive
Umm, he basically did. There was literally one radio message where he suggested they could save the engine. That was it. Then he went from second to last, to essentially fourth. But you keep your blinkered view… Compare his radio messages to Max who sounded like a five year old who couldn’t get his favourite toy working :rolleyes:
Yeah…

Soldato
I don't buy it.
Obviously I'm no expert, so happy to be proved wrong, but it looked like they pulled him in for Softs at the end to make it look that way.
The "different strategy" was to pull him in (unnecessarily?) for Softs to get the fastest lap, and also ensure he finished 2nd and not challenge Max for the win.

Dont disagree , was just saying what was commentated on . Mind you given he’s up for contract renewal I don’t think I’d be pulling a " multi two one " .

Soldato
Umm, he basically did. There was literally one radio message where he suggested they could save the engine. That was it. Then he went from second to last, to essentially fourth. But you keep your blinkered view… Compare his radio messages to Max who sounded like a five year old who couldn’t get his favourite toy working :rolleyes:

Yeah…

Blinkered view,yea ok. Do you mean like all the blind Lulu fans on here. And who said I’m a Max fan? I’m far from it I can assure you.

Clown Hamilton is a fraud and I Keep telling everyone and no one here can see it, thankfully GR is providing all the evidence to support my claims.

Soldato
Monaco is going to be a laugh (just a show with too much hype like miami)
This race was surprisingly interesting, at least merc have got rid of most of the bouncing.
Ferrari running true to form sigh.
Carlos and Danni Ric on borrowed time I feel contract or not, Perez would make a good Ferrari number 2. McLaren need a young charger.

Associate
Interesting that you’d hold that opinion, given you joined the forum pre-season.

Banned from motorsports in the past were we? ;)

No? I can lurk. I joined to get help with a PC issue. I mean just look at the threads, that’s why I hadn’t joined in before. Once signed up for something else thought why not.

Plus just look at what you allowed last year after the season finale, you’d have to do something pretty special to be banned. Some of the stuff I can read is despicable, personal attacks on forum members with a different opinion, people going after drivers parents, (known racist) members accusing other fans of being bigots etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom