• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Spec a 1080P £200(ish) GPU

Soldato
Hi All,

Been a long time since spec'ing pc parts but i'm on the hunt for a new £200-ish (upper limit is £220) GPU after my last card (ancient GTX260) died. Only really need to play at 1080P, possibly 1440P in the future but isn't a big issue if not, not fussed about playing with everything set to 'Ultra' and i'm not playing the latest titles - mostly CS/CS:GO with the odd session of Battlefield/COD thrown in.
Decent frame-rates (for above titles) and something that'll last me a while is all i'm looking for.

Currently eyeballing a Powercolor/MSI RX580 (roughly £180), Zotac 1660 (£200) or Sapphire RX590 (£220) but i'm swaying more to the 1660 purely because it seems to be similar to the 590 whilst being a lot lighter on power usage.

However, are there other cards i've missed or should consider? Or does anyone recommend one of the cards listed above over the others?

Cheers for any help :)

Soldato
Can't go wrong with the 1660. Mind you, RX 590 does a bit better in BF & COD but no big difference, it also comes with the game bundle which can at the very least be resold for £40. Up to you in the end.

Soldato
IAnother vote for the Gtx 1660 and ideally a Twin fan model , especially when you overclock it, getting close to a stock 1660ti
Rx580 is a great deal with the games, whether you play then or sell them.
I've never been a fan of the Rx590 though, crap memory speeds, poor power consumption and just poor performance.

Soldato
However, are there other cards i've missed or should consider? Or does anyone recommend one of the cards listed above over the others?

Cheers for any help :)
What's the spec for the rest of your system?

If your system is as old as your GTX260 (i.e. Quad2 Socket 775 platform), then there's really no point going anything higher than a RX570...you might as well grab something 2nd hand on the cheap for under £50.

Back
Top Bottom