Spec me - 6k commuter

Caporegime
The D5 has a pretty bomb proof reputation, I’ve got an older and higher mileage example and thus far it’s been faultless whilst delivering good performance and - for its size - good economy, by far the most comfortable car I’ve driven.

The 2013 courtesy V70 D5 Lux I had whilst my A4 was in for repair was most definitely NOT good for economy at all. It was surprisingly terrible on fuel, and didn't really have the performance to back up the level of thirst it had.

Comfort though, I can't deny that it was incredibly comfortable.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The 2013 courtesy V70 D5 Lux I had whilst my A4 was in for repair was most definitely NOT good for economy at all. It was surprisingly terrible on fuel, and didn't really have the performance to back up the level of thirst it had.

Comfort though, I can't deny that it was incredibly comfortable.
Volvo 5-cyl engines were never known for their fuel economy; neither diesel nor petrol.

Caporegime
Volvo 5-cyl engines were never known for their fuel economy; neither diesel nor petrol.
My 05 plate D5 is getting consistent high 40’s (working the mpg out by litres over miles travelled rather than the OBC) , it gets a mix of town and A road driving although I’m the first to admit I rarely really put my foot down these days.

It is a manual though so that may be making a big difference?

Man of Honour
OP
I forgot to update this.

Spent some time looking for a decent S60, but there was nothing in the price range within a reasonable distance. I didn't want to be buying something 100k+ miles as I'm likely to end up putting that again on top.

Ended up with a C220 that popped up locally. 1 owner, extensive MB service history

Soldato
I used to get just under 30mpg from the mk2 Focus ST with the T5 engine. 225hp and 30mpg seems crap by modern standards. The mk2 Fiesta ST I changed it for cost litteraly half as much to run.

Associate
You get a lot of W204 for your money!

We have an s204 estate that is used as a family runarond, it's an incredible amount of car for the money. I regularly do 4-5 hours solid driving in it and it's by far the most comfortable car I've owned.

It just does everything so well, that I can't imagine ever having a reason to sell it. To the point where we've been too afraid to upgrade it, instead opting to supplement it with another car

Back
Top Bottom