Spec me a 2 in 1 laptop for £800 - £1000

Associate
Hi

My girlfriend is after a 2 in 1 laptop and suggested the £800 Microsoft Surface with M3 processor. I have looked at this and dismissed it as rubbish due to the weak processor, 4GB of RAM and integrated graphics, not to mention that it comes without keyboard (£90 extra).

My trouble is that while I'm ok throwing my own money at tech, I'm not sure that my suggestions (eg: £1200 Lenovo Yoga 920 with i5 and 8GB RAM) are overspeccing for her needs and therefore needlessly overshooting her given £1000 budget.

She'll be using it for web browsing, document editing, streaming video and the occasional game (Pillars of Eternity, Theme Hospital via DOSbox).

Could anybody advise on the best that will do the job for under a grand?

If not, I'll suggest that she stretch for the Yoga. Pun intended :p

Cheers.

Associate
OP
I think the Lenovo 720 would be plenty good enough

Cheers, I think you may be right. Obvious really, I think rushing to compare various models across the breadth of manufacturers had me a little spun.

The Indian restaurant place has an 8th gen i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD Lenovo 720 model for £800. Intel graphics so I won't be convincing her to play AAA titles online with me but that would have been pushing it anyhow :p

I'll encourage that purchase with advice not to buy a single add-on that that shop is notorious for.

Back
Top Bottom