Spec me a beginner 35mm point and shoot

Soldato
Hey all,

Tentative steps into the photography thread so bear with me!

I'm trying to de-digitise my life a bit at the moment, so leaving the house a lot more without my phone which is my camera.

I've had SLRs before but never really used them to their full potential, so looking for a cheap 35mm point and shoot that I can take out and about when i'm phone-less to capture some interesting shots.

Key points would be:

• Small - if it can fit into a pocket perfect
  • Cheap - Under £100
  • Old - cool hipster points to be won here! :p
  • Flash? - I'm going to a big festival in August and love the look and "feel" of film photography with portraits at old music events, and feel like a flash would be useful for the night time shots?
Treat me as a total photography noob here, but any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Soldato
Unfortunately that analog film camera is cheap only in short term and if you don't take any pictures.
Every single shot simply costs, even if image is failed/of no use.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately that analog film camera is cheap only in short term and if you don't take any pictures.
Every single shot simply costs, even if image is failed/of no use.

Yep, fully prepared for film and lab costs, all part of savouring every shot and having to think about them :)

Managed to pick up a Prinz 35 AW on eBay for £20, looks to be a model sold by Dixons in the early 80s. Hoping it works ok and will be out shooting this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom