Spec me a car to use as a parking space holder

Associate
Funny reading this then looking outside to see some neighbours who have only lived on the estate a few months in affordable housing blocking my car parked outside in a communal space.

We have in laws up so can't fit 4 cars on our drive, so I've parked my car there and they obviously think that's their spot.

Fine for the time being but should I at 6am in the morning for work, be braying on their door and asking them to move it or just drive forward? Decisions decisions

Soldato
Funny reading this then looking outside to see some neighbours who have only lived on the estate a few months in affordable housing blocking my car parked outside in a communal space.

We have in laws up so can't fit 4 cars on our drive, so I've parked my car there and they obviously think that's their spot.

Fine for the time being but should I at 6am in the morning for work, be braying on their door and asking them to move it or just drive forward? Decisions decisions

What has affordable housing got to do with anything?

Sgarrista
Commissario

Ah well, I think at 6am tomorrow morning you are going to take a large variety of loud annoying objects and work out how bets to secure them in your car, slamming doors and ratting them around plenty?

Soldato

And the reason you couldn't have just parked, blocking your own drive is?

Associate
Ah well, I think at 6am tomorrow morning you are going to take a large variety of loud annoying objects and work out how bets to secure them in your car, slamming doors and ratting them around plenty?

Sounds tempting.

And the reason you couldn't have just parked, blocking your own drive is?

It's a drive, that's a public parking; it doesn't belong to the house over the road there is one either side. It's a communal parking space. Why block 2 cars in parking outside when there is a parking spot there?

Associate
Poor people smell and are all robbers and stealers.

These are facts!

Might sound snobbish but if you're going start blocking in neighbours cars in a space that's communal then you should atleast own the house. Maybe I'm just being a bit biased as the last people in that house on benefits and didn't work recently got evicted and were a nuisance with dogs yapping day and night, with people up and down the street seshing constantly and lairy early hours so I just view that house as trouble causers.

Soldato
After thoroughly examining that image I still can't see any cars that are actually properly blocked in? Plus theres a ton of space by the wall of the house on the left if anyone wanted to park there out of the way.

I find these kinds of threads amusing after living in London for a while. The concept of parking directly outside of your own house just doesn't exist. Heaven forbid you have to park 10 or 20 seconds walk down the street or around the corner.

Sure it sounds like OP's neighbours are dicks, but jesus, not parking directly outside your own house isn't the end of the world (unless it's a van causing light issues as described by one person, that does suck). It's a bloody miracle if I get to park in front of place I'm living in London at the mo. You just park where ever is free. It's public streets, public parking, first come first served based on space available.

I do feel for you OP, it's tough when you should really be able to come to an amicable solution if dealing with reasonable neighbours in quieter parts of the country, and they just won't because they're *********. But all these people advising to move because of it are nuts :rolleyes:

I do like the private parking space trailer you can drive onto idea though, that is genius, although it's probably not possible to keep the entry way always free.

Man of Honour
Might sound snobbish but if you're going start blocking in neighbours cars in a space that's communal then you should atleast own the house. Maybe I'm just being a bit biased as the last people in that house on benefits and didn't work recently got evicted and were a nuisance with dogs yapping day and night, with people up and down the street seshing constantly and lairy early hours so I just view that house as trouble causers.
They've blocked you in in the same way you block someone in if you parallel park behind them as in not at all :confused:

Associate
They've blocked you in in the same way you block someone in if you parallel park behind them as in not at all :confused:

I did say i could drive forward. The point is they've made a point to stick their car behind mine so I can't naturally drive backward but will actually have to drive onto a pavement and turn around awkwardly instead of them just parking a metre backwards which wouldn't have been so hard, or infact parking in the other communal parking space over the other side of the road that's been vacent all night.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I did say i could drive forward. The point is they've made a point to stick their car behind mine so I can't naturally drive backward but will actually have to drive onto a pavement and turn around awkwardly instead of them just parking a metre backwards which wouldn't have been so hard, or infact parking in the other communal parking space over the other side of the road that's been vacent all night.
So they haven't blocked you in at all then.

Associate
So they haven't blocked you in at all then.

Well technically my car can still be moved but it would have to drive over a pavement to do so and if there is a car on the persons drive then I could well we blocked in. They've been awkward in their parking on purpose in my opinion.

Soldato
Just to be clear, is your car the white hyundai in the original photo, and is your house the one from which the photo perspective was taken, with the two cars below it?
And is the neighbours car the volvo(?) behind the white car?
And dare you parked in front of their house?

Associate
Yeah but there's actually 3 cars on the drive at the moment not 2, and generally both those spaces opposite are free or atleast one is.

The main road goes right to left

Soldato
Mate, you could have just parked to the side of their house, behind where their car is at the moment.
No need for drama, and tbh it doesn't seem like a big deal that they parked where they did.
Sure, it's not ideal that they pulled up directly behind you, could just be a miscalculation or them not thinking at all. They certainly could have backed up further to the side of the house, but you can't really be angry at them for parking where they did.
A single strong wheel lock right and you're out of there. I think you're bringing the drama upon yourself by parking in front of the their house to begin with when there's plenty of neutral parking space both to the left and right within the photo already, let them have the space in front of their place when there's bags of room within 10 seconds walking distance in either direction.

Back
Top Bottom