Spec me a cheap reliable AM4 motherboard

Associate
I have a Ryzen 1700 and I am going to build a 2nd PC for office work, so I am going to get myself a Ryzen 2700 on sale and use my 1700 for the 2nd system. Any suggestion on a really cheap but highly reliable motherboard? Was thinking on a cheap B350, I don't really follow low end hardware so I'm creating this thread as ask what people think.

For the rest of the system, small NVMe SSD because why not, low wattage PSU like a CX450 and not sure about graphics card as I know nothing about low end hardware.

Soldato
Cheap B350 board side of things, get something like an MSI Mortar B350, you can get one dead cheap off a well known auction site and they are one of the best boards, I had one in the beginning too, and loved it.

As your system is just going to be used for the office, I guess its not going to be used for gaming, id say grab a 1st gen APU, then use the outputs on the motherboard, like a 2200G or 2400G, its still a great processor, you can sell the 1700 to make some of your money back, probably even cover the whole cost of the APU.

The alternative would be something simple like these: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-gt-710

Last edited:
Associate
MSI have some (decently) cheap b350/b450 mobos which have pretty great VRMs and are very reliable. If you can spend like 80 you could go for a tomohawk

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Any msi b450 board is pretty decent, so you should go for one of those. Tomohawk and mortar comes to mind

Back
Top Bottom