Spec me a closed headphones

Associate
Hi folks

Can you please throw some options at me?

I need a set of closed headphones to go to with my Fiio q1 mk2, they will be used a bit while I'm on the go and to use at home. So let me know what you got in mind budget 150-220?

Thanks

Pete

Associate
OP
On the way to work and back, Im planning on leaving car at home and walk to work during dry season in UK ^.^, which will take me around 45min each way, also 2-3 times a year to use them on a air plane(do not need sound cancelling).
Hm.. i think thats all
thanks

Soldato
Sony MDR-1A if you like lots of bass, decent mids and highs with a little sparkle
or
Audio-Technica MSR7 if you prefer much less bass, decent mids and hot highs with loads of detail.

Associate
OP
Sennheiser HD25 are worth considering. Good portable headphones and they isolate outside noise well.
Don't realy like on ear headphones so ill pass on these thanks
Sony MDR-1A if you like lots of bass, decent mids and highs with a little sparkle
or
Audio-Technica MSR7 if you prefer much less bass, decent mids and hot highs with loads of detail.

I like the look of AT MSR7 defo will consider, Im not a bass head so no to sony
NAD HP50, if you can hack the slightly odd headband.
On ear style so no but thanks
You can pick up a pair of 2nd gen Momentums for that - they're well worth considering.

HD598 closed edition is great too - I believe they're the 598 CS?
hm... dont like the look of them are they same/worse/or better than AT MSR7 ?

Associate
OP
A little bit of everything from NY hardcore bands like Madball, Agnostic Front, Metal bands like Darkest Hour to Edd Sheeran also a lot of acoustics covers if i can get them in decent quality, so a bit of everything. Id like to hear those guitars and all the instruments positions so sound stage is very important to me. I might not get the best in closed set but still it is important.
Headphones and earbuds I own so far are:
Bayerdynamic MMX300
Philips SHP9500
SoundMagic PL50
RHA ma750i
Sennheiser px200
Logitech UE4000

Soldato
Sennheiser HD25 are worth considering. Good portable headphones and they isolate outside noise well.

Also incredibly uncomfortable which is why mine generally sit in their case for months on end. Should get round to selling.

My suggestion would be the Beyer 770 Pros. Probably way under budget as well.

Soldato
the 80ohm version will have a 10ft straight cable and the 250ohm version has a curly 10ft cable, which can't be swapped out, whereas the 32ohm is made for portable and has a 4.5ft cable

Soldato
all three versions sound different, with the 250ohm having the tightest bass and the 80ohm and 32ohm having the strongest and more boomy bass. All three models have very strong bass, which may be too much for you if you prefer a more detailed and lighter sound.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Sony MDR-7506. Use them at work, they're great. I did however replace the pleather pads with velour.

Associate
OP
Sony MDR-7506. Use them at work, they're great. I did however replace the pleather pads with velour.
They look interesting, one thing puts me of and its a cable. Will have to decide beyer 770 pro ATh msr 7 ot these. Got some reading and YT to do now :)
thanks all

Back
Top Bottom