1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec me: A decent budget flash

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Minusorange, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Minusorange

Soldato

As title, something that'll work with my Panny G80 and isn't too expensive so around (or below :D) the £50 mark if that's at all possible as I have no idea about flashes

2. EGuitarStar

Mobster

Godox TT350o

I have two of them, one as a master and the other a slave. £69 on Amazon

What is it for?

3. Minusorange

Soldato

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  4. EGuitarStar

Mobster

The specs mention that it doesn't support TTL so that'll mean you'd need to manually put in settings. I'd recommend you stretch your budget to the Godox.

5. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Fellow G80 user here.

Seconded. Excellent piece of kit. Get a couple of sets of high-quality rechargeable batteries for it if you plan a full day of flash shooting.

I found one of the two-sided white/mirrored slip-on reflector/diffusers was vital for putting the light where I wanted it for indoor use.

6. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Seconded again. The Godox is worth the extra money and TTL support makes it super easy to use with the G80 which was very important for me as I knew nothing about flash use before needing one to take some indoor photos for marketing my business.

7. Minusorange

Soldato

Thanks I didn't spot that lack of TTL, seems pretty unanimous for the Godox so I'll hang off until prime day in 2 weeks to see if it goes cheaper

8. EGuitarStar

Mobster

I'm certain I've read Prime Day is going to be delayed this year due to Covid-19.

That is 2 weeks of potential fun and learning you'll miss out on.

9. Minusorange

Soldato

I don't have much choice I just blew my budget and more on that 75-300mm I've been waiting on a deal on for months :D