Spec me a gaming board

Soldato
At the moment I have the Merc Stealth, I love the gaming part of it but the rest of the keyboard sucks, I also hate not having a proper num pad.

Ideally I want 2 separate keyboards, a normal keyboard and a gaming board.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be many. There's the Logitech G13 but it's expensive and I'm not sure I like the layout.

I don't like gaming on a normal keyboard as I don't like how the W key is offset to the left, it probably sounds odd to some but I don't find this comfortable.

OcUK used to do more separate gaming boards.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
OP
I saw the Belkin, it's the same as the Razer one. The Logitech looks better though.

There used to be another one that OcUK did called bear paw or something.

Associate
The Belkin / Razer Nostromo is a good gamepad however it is slightly unbalanced causing it to tilt if you don't balance your hand perfectly. The Logitech is much better as it is more stable and works for leftys, I also find it more comfortable.

Associate
I got the G13, very nice piece of kit. At first when I unpacked it and set it up I didn't think I was going to get on with it, but a month later and I wouldn't go back to using a keyboard. I find it easier to use because all the keys you need are right there only a finger movement way and the palm rest make for hours of comfortable gameplay.

Yea, its a bit pricey but it's Logitech man. . . you know you’re getting quality and customer support :)

Associate
playing BF3 and counterstrike mostly at the moment, and some other general FPS like Crysis 2 and New Vegas. And I got a copy of Diablo II which Im playin through ready for 3 next month but to be fair thats mainly mouse driven :) I don't have COD though but will be fine for the G13, it will play it with ease.

Soldato
I'm thinking of buying one of these as well. Using a cheap keyboard at the moment but trying to play for longer than an hour gives me terrible pain in my hand.

I'm surprised no ones come out with a better device yet than the keyboard for playing games. Yes it's got a lot of keys, but it's primary function is to type not to use as a controller. Some form of analogue stick that still lets you use w mouse would be great.

Soldato
OP
I picked up a G13 today, it's going to take some getting used to but I like it so far.

Now I need a better normal keyboard, I'm now using a Trust low profile thing, it's ok but not the best.

Top Bottom