Spec me a good SP RPG or fantasy game

Associate
Have a look in the Risen thread here, looks like it could be quite good.

I'm playing The Witcher at the mo, cracking game, kind of lacking in the magic department but then I'm only just into act 2 so who knows.

There isn't a whole lot of magic in it, just those few witcher powers. It's still a very good game though, I thought the game picked up a lot after act 2 so if you're enjoying it that much already you'll love the rest :)

Permabanned
I don't know what it's like, but there's a game called Spellforce 2. I got it free free with some component I bought and never got around to installing it.

Soldato
I'm playing The Witcher at the mo, cracking game, kind of lacking in the magic department but then I'm only just into act 2 so who knows.

You'll always remember the first time you hear a random fist fighter say "Your mother sucks dwarf ****" delivered in that comedy deadpan voice. Got to be one of the most bizarre yet funny throw away lines to have been put in any game. I still chuckle whenever it is said and I'm currently in act 4.

Soldato
If you can backdate your system a little bit, find a copy of Silver. One of the great unsung heroes of fantasy RPGs. If anyone can tell me how to get this win95-native game running on my rig, there's a very big cookie in it for you.

Soldato
If you can backdate your system a little bit, find a copy of Silver. One of the great unsung heroes of fantasy RPGs. If anyone can tell me how to get this win95-native game running on my rig, there's a very big cookie in it for you.

Virtual Machine running windows 95? How you would get win95 I don't know.

Associate
1) Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - best PC game I've ever played

2) Fallout 3

3) The Witcher

4) Dark Messiah - Might and Magic

5) Mount & Blade

Associate
Another vote for the Witcher. There are no bows in that though and very little magic.

Risen is well worth picking up and can play as a hunter or a mage if that's what you a really looking for.

Back
Top Bottom