Spec me a Head Unit please...

Associate
Hi folks,

Bit of a tall order this I'm afraid - I'm after a new head unit that has a front USB port, bluetooth built in and is connectible to my steering wheel remote.

For now I'm just gonna be running the OEM speakers till I get more cash.

Oh, and it has to be £140 or under :D

Is this possible? Most units I've been able to find in budget do two out of three of the features I want! If I had to sacrifice a feature to stay in budget then I'll forget about bluetooth.

Thanks,

Dan

Associate
OP
Be lucky to find 2 of those let alone 3 on a decent sounding HU for £140

There's a couple of Kenwoods and JVCs on caraudiosecurity that have a USB port and support OEM remotes... probably not brilliant sounding but have got to be better than my current Ford 6000CD ;)

Soldato
You can easily get the first two for that price, don't know how good they are mind. As for the second part, well not many come with that ability, some do, and you have to fork out about £40 for extra cables that allow you to connect it to the steering wheel controls.
I know for my girlfriend's Rover I was looking at buying a USB head unit and the cables, but the buttons apparently don't work that well as it is, and £40 is a bit much in case it doesn't work anyway (for me/her).

I know a few sites that seem quite good on prices, but I'm not sure I can post their names due to the no competitors rule. :)

InvG

Associate
OP
You can easily get the first two for that price, don't know how good they are mind. As for the second part, well not many come with that ability, some do, and you have to fork out about £40 for extra cables that allow you to connect it to the steering wheel controls.
I know for my girlfriend's Rover I was looking at buying a USB head unit and the cables, but the buttons apparently don't work that well as it is, and £40 is a bit much in case it doesn't work anyway (for me/her).

I know a few sites that seem quite good on prices, but I'm not sure I can post their names due to the no competitors rule. :)

InvG

Email in sig buddy :)

Back
Top Bottom