Spec me a holiday in Yorkshire!

Caporegime
We're going oop North this year, and any recommendations on campsites etc would be appreciated.

Will probably end up on the north east coast, Whitby, Scarborough etc, but I also want to revisit my childhood and do Brimham Rocks and the Moors along with a couple of abbeys (Fountains and Revaux).

Associate
Why not stay in York for a good central location.

We often do Fountains / Reivaux and it's a short drive away. Brimham Rocks or even Plumpton rocks are not far. It's no more than an hour to Whitby / Robin Hoods bay either.

Soldato
I've done a lot of walking around the Whitby area and around Masham and there are lots of nice campsites. Have a look on a map and then just google the village names etc and they'll come up.

Definately do Robin Hood's Bay and Staithes, though - much nicer than Whitby.

Soldato
I live in york, go there, visit the tudor shambles and the minster. Ive also been to rievaulx, york is a good place to start. visit the abbeys and seaside towns from there. Ive experienced all that you will experience bar fountains abbey.

Soldato
We're going oop North this year, and any recommendations on campsites etc would be appreciated.

Will probably end up on the north east coast, Whitby, Scarborough etc, but I also want to revisit my childhood and do Brimham Rocks and the Moors along with a couple of abbeys (Fountains and Revaux).

York is a good central point I live here , short 1 hr drive to whitby , get your bum to magpie for the best fish and chips in the world ;):D

Back
Top Bottom