Spec me a laser wood engraver

Soldato
I use a 100W CO2 laser for wood pyrography and it works well up to a few metres away from the wood, cost the best part of £1k, no usb or anything though it's just a simple laser beam.

That's very cheap for a 100w but haven't seen one without a computer controller, did you build it yourself?

I've been looking at the larger bed 60w ruida based Chinese lasers and they all seem to be closer to £2.5k all in. Still incredibly cheap compared to the professional machines but you do have to expect things to go wrong with it.

Tempted to move down to the smaller 50w but I suspect I'll find the limitations frustrating and regret it.

Caporegime
That's very cheap for a 100w but haven't seen one without a computer controller, did you build it yourself?

I've been looking at the larger bed 60w ruida based Chinese lasers and they all seem to be closer to £2.5k all in. Still incredibly cheap compared to the professional machines but you do have to expect things to go wrong with it.

Tempted to move down to the smaller 50w but I suspect I'll find the limitations frustrating and regret it.

Yes, no computer controller or anything like that, 100W tube, water pump, power supply etc.

Back
Top Bottom