Spec me a low energy, low heat high performance 4k rig

Permabanned
980ti isn't enough to run smooth 4k, you should go 1440p with something like a rog swift, gaming at 4k at only 60hertz isn't something I could do. I would get a 5820k rather than 6700k for obvious reason, the 5820k is the only choice.

Associate
How? Water cooling doesn't make your components draw less current or produce less heat. All it dose is provide a more efficient means of removing the heat from your components into the room! If anything it will heat the room faster.

Associate
How? Water cooling doesn't make your components draw less current or produce less heat. All it dose is provide a more efficient means of removing the heat from your components into the room! If anything it will heat the room faster.

if you watercool the Nano it will bring more fps in game and a lot quieter.

Soldato

isnt the whole point of watercooling to minimise sound and heat from whatever components you adapt while achieving better performance?

the op said low heat, i dont know watercooling enough to know if it will save on energy, but i might, what they are asking is a very tall order ;)

Associate
isnt the whole point of watercooling to minimise sound and heat from whatever components you adapt while achieving better performance?

the op said low heat, i dont know watercooling enough to know if it will save on energy, but i might, what they are asking is a very tall order ;)

It'll increase power use, but not massively. It'll also add to the initial cost a fair bit. (Also WC doesn't reduce the amount your room heats up at all, the heat is still going somewhere and that somewhere is still the air of the room you're in)

Honestly for these requirements I'd give the same answer as in many places - wait for the next gen of GPU, should be a big efficiency bump regardless of vendor preference.

Associate
OP
Im going water cooling on the cpu

Also is it worth putting in a second ssd for raid 0?

Just trying to way up going for a 4k screen or a freesync 1440p

image quality is really important to me, but ghosting is no no

Associate
Im going water cooling on the cpu

Also is it worth putting in a second ssd for raid 0?

Just trying to way up going for a 4k screen or a freesync 1440p

image quality is really important to me, but ghosting is no no

Little point in raid 0 for modern SSDs, faster theoretical max but slower boot times, no real-world gains at all as there are so few things that rely on max throughput anyway.

I've not experienced 4k or 1440p freesync, but from those who have I've heard that sync tech (either brand) is transformational while higher res is nice but a much smaller gain, so 1440p freesync every time.

Back
Top Bottom