Spec me a new kindaimobile 60-80k

Man of Honour
The issue with the Vantage V8 is that it's not that quick or dynamic. A friend of mine has one, the chap I bought my MX5 donor car off actually and we went to a meeting at Brooklands earlier this year. Coming down a private road I have to say my R8 left it like it was parked. It surprise me how much quicker my car was or more to the point how not quick the V8 was. I am not sure which V8 he has, but I think you would feel it slow after the GTR.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Who cares? :D

Yes but look at the recommended age...

q0ruioE.png

Caporegime
Yes but look at the recommended age...

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave a moment ago.

I’ve certainly not been in very much “exotic” wise but I have been in a GT Speed a fair few times now - family friend ,who’s 31 incidentally,has one - it’s absolutely bonkers but in a league of its own.

It sprang to mind because his previous steed was, yes, a GTR!

He absolutely loves it but I concede it’s very much a marmite proposition.

OcUK Staff
The issue with the Vantage V8 is that it's not that quick or dynamic. A friend of mine has one, the chap I bought my MX5 donor car off actually and we went to a meeting at Brooklands earlier this year. Coming down a private road I have to say my R8 left it like it was parked. It surprise me how much quicker my car was or more to the point how not quick the V8 was. I am not sure which V8 he has, but I think you would feel it slow after the GTR.

This, driven mine a few times and it won't set the world alight, it revs out beautiful and send awesome, but it never pins you in the seat and a modern hot hatch will leave it, my M3 is quite a bit faster, it might be a 420HP car but the bum dyno would say its more a 320HP car, but a lot of that is due to how refined it is and the fact they do weigh around 1700kg.

Yes N430 has a touch more power and torque but you'd be hard pressed to notice it, the 0-60 and 0-100 figures are still pretty identical, they are simply not fast car, but they are stunning cars, lovely to drive and sound amazing, plus good money, we paid 45k for ours and its got like 22k on the clock, that was from Aston with Aston warranty. :)

Man of Honour
The thing Aston has like few others, is how they age so gracefully and still look stunning 20 years later. Few if any car maker is able to do that.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
The thing Aston has like few others, is how they age so gracefully and still look stunning 20 years later. Few if any car maker is able to do that.

Yep you may or not agree with me, but last gen Aston and new gen side by side, old gen is a more beautiful car for sure, new one has some added aggression but I am still unable to look past the MX5 headlights. The GT8 is bloody drop dead gorgeous, I put some pictures on my instagram, the sales guy was trying to flog it me for £180,000, knock 100k off, I might be interested. :D

Caporegime
Camaro ZL1 is great, but remember its big, same as GTR but your sitting on the wrong side, for me when I had my Mustang (Saleenn) been LHD I adapted too within a day or so, hardest part was changing gear with wrong hand, but ZL1 is paddle shift option, so get that, very fast cars once moving, epic handling on track but on a UK road it will be messy due to tyre width tramlining everywhere and in the wet you might die.

10 speed paddle shift! Didn't get to drive it in the wet though.

:D

OcUK Staff
It was still quite clunky on some downshifts strangely and the car had less than 10k on the clock!

Compared to the m4 comp pack auto it was day and night difference in smoothness.

Remember they adapt to driver unless you do a reset (battery disconnect for a few minutes), as they are all adaptive, but yes the BMW/ZF stuff is better at been smooth and typically also faster too.

Soldato
Such a brutal car :D . Looks amazing
the Hellcat is the one i'd go for.......Red Eye, the Camaro handles better but doesn't look as good, the Dodge has more brute muscle. ......... in either silver, yellow or plum crazy, but it looks damned good in destroyer grey too........ this colour makes it look really nasty.

Last edited:
Caporegime
the Hellcat is the one i'd go for.......Red Eye, the Camaro handles better but doesn't look as good, the Dodge has more brute muscle. ......... in either silver, yellow or plum crazy, but it looks damned good in destroyer grey too........ this colour makes it look really nasty.

I think the camaro looks great! Very small Windows inside though://

Back
Top Bottom