Spec me a new kindaimobile 60-80k

Man of Honour
Now is a good time to buy and I think it will be a for a few weeks to come. In roughly the last 4 weeks 20K has come off the 570S values, just like that, and cars are now at dealers for just over £110K so probably trading in high 80's and selling for 110K, maybe less as they are not selling at 113K which several see, to be at now. I think they will be under 100K by year end and I am watching them like a hawk. The early Mk2 R8 V10's are now at dealers for 80's, so probably trading in the 70's. The market is on it's ass and it is a buyers market as anyone who properly watches it can see but not dealer will admit to. Dealers want out their stock, McLaren dealers are not bidding on cars it seems too from what I am hearing, they want their stocks gone.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...0s/mclaren-570s-coupe-v8-2dr-ssg-auto/9165948

The GT4 to me is a 70K car now, I would not pay more as I think that is where they will be soon.

OcUK Staff
Now is a good time to buy and I think it will be a for a few weeks to come. In roughly the last 4 weeks 20K has come off the 570S values, just like that, and cars are now at dealers for just over £110K so probably trading in high 80's and selling for 110K, maybe less as they are not selling at 113K which several see, to be at now. I think they will be under 100K by year end and I am watching them like a hawk. The early Mk2 R8 V10's are now at dealers for 80's, so probably trading in the 70's. The market is on it's ass and it is a buyers market as anyone who properly watches it can see but not dealer will admit to. Dealers want out their stock, McLaren dealers are not bidding on cars it seems too from what I am hearing, they want their stocks gone.

The GT4 to me is a 70K car now, I would not pay more as I think that is where they will be soon.

Won’t lie if it was not the lack of sound track and lack of AWD I’d probably be grabbing a 570S myself.

Not saying a 570S sounds bad but the SVR with the titanium exhaust and supercharger whine is just in another league to my ears. Need to properly drive a 570S though as I know though it lacks AWD they are generally very capable even in the wet.

OcUK Staff
Different level mate, to mine too.

You think long term a 570S will dip much under 100k, I’ve got quite lucky with the SVR value as against everyone here it’s held value well.

As I’ve said before will pay the SVR off and then look at my options later next year but firm favourites are a 570S and GT3, but will also check new GT4.

For me they have to be good as a daily and that’s the real strength the SVR and R8 have over so many other super cars.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
OcUK Staff
Last edited:
Caporegime
MP4-12C
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-12-...h=item1ee9ac33a3:g:YRQAAOSwCa1bptHb:rk:7:pf:0

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...ry--carbon-interior--soft-close-doors/9220787

What a car for the money!
Not a car I'd buy mind you, just never really liked the older Mclarens, just quality seems lacking.
Still all that performance for 80k, was a 200k car.

The Macca's do seem to be hit very hard depreciation wise. :eek:

Some nice reviews of the garage;

Stay well clear of this car dealer he will have your pants down he claims he sells the cheapest cars but don't be fooled him and his wife are like sheep in wolves disguise

101 reasons I'd never buy a McLaren from eBay...

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Wouldnt buy a 12c ever.

I know 3 owners, and every single one of them has had at *least* 2 gearbox replacements. The one guy is on his 5th or 6th gearbox :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Soldato
You think long term a 570S will dip much under 100k, I’ve got quite lucky with the SVR value as against everyone here it’s held value well.

Just a question as iirc your SVR is PCP'd right? Do you mean depreciation relative to your GFV? How does that actually affect you money wise, as the monthly payments are calculated against the GFV right? So you'd potentially have 'equity' in the car if you decided to part ex (retail value > GFV + remaining payments?). Can you actually get to this equity as cash in any way? Is it not actually bad for you that they haven't depreciated down to the GFV, because you've paid for it anyway?

Sorry bit of a noob for fancy car PCP.

Soldato
Just a question as iirc your SVR is PCP'd right? Do you mean depreciation relative to your GFV? How does that actually affect you money wise, as the monthly payments are calculated against the GFV right? So you'd potentially have 'equity' in the car if you decided to part ex (retail value > GFV + remaining payments?). Can you actually get to this equity as cash in any way? Is it not actually bad for you that they haven't depreciated down to the GFV, because you've paid for it anyway?

You'd get cash if you sold it. I.e. the difference between what it sells for and what's owed.

The great thing about PCP is that if you find yourself in a massive amount of negative equity (maybe you've gone way over the mileage) you can just give it back!

OcUK Staff

I am paying the SVR off next month or in January as long as I don't put all my savings on black in Vegas :D , so the PCP is no longer a worry, the car shall be owned outright by myself as of 2019 as I've saved enough to pay it off, so to me it makes sense to do so as I save the interest.

Then if I decide to get something else it gives me more options, sell privately and maybe better negotiation power with a deal regarding trade in and finance deals against another car or newer model SVR, though I check regular no new blue SVR's with all the right options have come up for sale in past couple of months. Based on the specification of mine and it been the right colour I paid 81k a year ago, its still worth north of 70k and Jaguar offered 72.5k trade in against an SVR I did not want.

So its held value better than I expected and as the new F-Type R / SVR is rumoured to be based on the 4.4l V8 TT unit from M5 with some weight reduction if that comes true I expect values of current gen SVR if anything to improve because when it comes to turbo V8's the BMW units sound rather pathetic, only Mercedes seem to have an acceptable sounding turbo V8 to my ears. Of course Aston made the Merc unit sound even better, so maybe Jaguar may achieve similar with the BMW unit as the British car manufacturers just seem to know how to make a car sound utterly amazing and don't seem to care about noise levels. :D

My shortlist is:
Newer end of run SVR, under 5k miles, ultra blue, carbon packs, ceramics, winter pack, BLIS etc.
570S green, orange or purple
991 GT3, not sure on colour
Maybe the new F-Type or new GT4 when they are announced/released in 2019/2020
F430, though more a heart not so much brain decision and could end up regretting as its slow compared to company here, maybe 458 but just not feeling it and would need finance as cash budget would be 100k

Soldato
Interesting, so low depreciating cars are still a good option on PCP assuming you can get a favourable APR? I had been put off in the past as I thought I wasn't getting the 'benefit' of identifying cars with not much depreciation left (R8 in theory) but I do get it just in a roundabout manner. Ofcourse it's not as clear as funding yourself but I don't have 50k cash lying round.

Does make you wonder how they come up with their GFVs though, are they just extremely pessimistic to maximise interest?

OcUK Staff
Interesting, so low depreciating cars are still a good option on PCP assuming you can get a favourable APR? I had been put off in the past as I thought I wasn't getting the 'benefit' of identifying cars with not much depreciation left (R8 in theory) but I do get it just in a roundabout manner. Ofcourse it's not as clear as funding yourself but I don't have 50k cash lying round.

Does make you wonder how they come up with their GFVs though, are they just extremely pessimistic to maximise interest?

The GFV is always crazy as by law you must not be in negative equity, I think on my SVR it was something crazy like 38-42k, realistically it will be be 50-60k value with 50k miles, they are just cautious they have to factor for everything, another recession, car market dying, new models blah blah.

If you want an R8, I'd advice you go for an R8 V10 manual, you can find those for 50k region and I really doubt they will ever EVER be under 40k, might even appreciate been a manual and the fact the latest revision of R8 is the last revision of R8, so those early V10 manuals in theory will become desirable.

Find a good car, low miles, try to pay 50-55k, put 10-20k down, finance over 3yr the montly payment would be low, am sure under £500 and the end balloon not so crazy either. I did post a few weeks ago but I think the APR on my finance was 5.3% and that was from the dealer, yes I could get better rate but I just take the least hassle stress free option and let dealer organise.

Back
Top Bottom