Spec me... A new phone.

Soldato
I would personally avoid going with WP7 until the next update. Not saying it is bad because quite frankly, it is the most fantastic looking OS out there, but too many people are reporting bugs at the moment.

As an Android user, I think it is fantastic. The way in which everything works, notifications, multitasking, and its performance with the right software, is fantastic. The huge selection of apps that aren't just games is great, it's nice to have such a large selection of browsers after being stuck with Safari on iOS.

Overall, I think that the non-app-centric experience of Android dominates the competition; it is just so fast to use and so much more productive.

Associate
OP
Went into the local 3 Store and got bombarded by Android fanboys. Unfortunately they also couldn't give me anything better than £25 a month, so I'll probably give them a ring tomorrow and negotiate :p

The Omnia 7 is definitely looking like the phone for me though. Looks great in the flesh, and I really like the OS.

Associate
OP
Update. Haven't had time to ring up 3 yet, going to do it later or possibly even Monday.

Anyone have any advice or tips for negotiations? The package I want is the Text 500 plan at £25/month on the Omnia 7. I have found on offer on Orange for a similar but slightly worse package for the same price but 13 months half price, effectively about £18/month.

I think I will just tell them that if they can't give me the Text 500 package for £20 I will leave. :)

Soldato
The Omnia 7 can be had for £250 and a 12 month text 600 sim only deal is £15pm (+ £80 cash back from quidco)
Assuming you get a simlar cashback deal for another 12 months, that works out at ~£18pm.

£20pm is a reasonable expectation.

Soldato
Not sure how it compares but I got my Omnia 7 free via Virgin Mobile for £25pm. I think you get a slightly better deal if your a Virgin customer though so it may not work out cheaper if your not with them for TV, Internet, etc.

Love the phone though, went from an iPhone 4 and don't regret it one bit. Plus getting the phone from VM meant it was unbranded so I didn't have to wait on the network"approving" any updates for the phone. :D

Associate
OP
Good to hear that you like the phone. Unfortunately we don't have Virgin for Internet or TV, though, so I probably won't get a good deal like you. :)

Back
Top Bottom