Spec me a nutribullet or hand blender (not sure?)

Soldato
We currently have a food processor which serves most duties. In all honesty it's not a lot, we do a broccoli pasta most weeks where you blitz the broccoli stalk into a paste (with garlic, anchovies, chilli) then fry it up and loosen it into a sauce. We also use it to make quick pasta dough.

So we want to keep it to make the pasta dough (and other random stuff) but want something better for making the broccoli pasta paste, maybe making some curry pastes from scratch, some pestos etc., maybe even do some juices. However I cooked a nice lamb shank last night which called for a stick blender to blitz the sauce which we also don't have. For example, a Nutribullet would be difficult for that correct?

Would you go for something like the Bosch MSM88160GB Hand Blender which would serve the role of stick blender, plus perhaps making pastes, juices etc? (Would it? :confused: ).

Or would you go for a Nutribullet style thing that would obviously be great at making pastes, juices etc. but doesn't give the ability to stick in a big stockpan to blend up sauces, soups etc.

Just not sure what style to go for really :confused:

Soldato
I have both nutribullet and hand blender and to be honest you need both as the nutribullet is great for smoothies and sauces from scratch but if its midway through cooking you need to blitz it it is just awkward and I don't think you're really supposed to do hot foods. Just grab a cheap hand blender from tesco for that sort of thing though.

Soldato
OP
Do you not think a good hand blender with the right size jug/container can replicate what a Nutribullet does anyway, though?

Soldato
I don't think so no. You won't get the complete blitz a nutribullet or similar does and the fact it does it without making a mess does help!

Soldato
Just as a slight hijack (though it may also be useful to @Scam)

Which model Nutribullet do people recommend? I see there's the Magic Bullet and then the 600 series and then a higher range one.

Feels like the 600 series is the sweet spot in the range, with the Magic Bullet being quite low power and maybe not up to the job for some tasks.

Back
Top Bottom