Spec Me A Pair Of Metal Free Jogging Bottoms

Soldato
maybe mine was an open bore mri , but don't remember the machine less than 6" from face
Compared to the traditional MRI magnet, the diameter of the open bore is 70 cm (28 inches) instead of 60cm (24 inches). The length of the magnet bore is 125 cm. (50 inches).

Do they give you a cd to keep with the movie ... never got round to ripping some desktop backgrounds.

[
wtf is a "coin bag"
old bank bag to easily transfer & use-change ... ask father christmas
]

Associate
For a neck scan you can keep your jeans on, just take the belt off and make sure your wallet, car keys and coin bag are out of your pockets (mainly as the magnetic force could blank your cards, etc). Also took my shoes off to be more comfortable.

The scan was actually okay. Might be an issue if a bit claustrophobic as your nose is about an inch from the top of the chamber but I found all the clanking and banging quite fascinating (at least it drowned out Haart Radio) and was almost disappointed it only took about 15 mins!
I had one of these in early 2017 - in my case skull, neck and spine. I'd deliberately taken off my watch and rings etc before I went in, but when I got there I was told that jewellery isn't considered a problem anymore. Can't remember now whether they asked me to take the belt off my trousers or not - probably not, as when they were doing my lower spine the nurse got me to pull my jeans down a bit and that was about it.

Thoroughly weird process - incredibly noisy, although after a while I shut my eyes and sort of zoned-out. As you say, not for the claustrophobic - didn't affect me, but ex-wife had a complete meltdown when she had one a few years earlier and refused to go ahead unless I was in the room with her.

Fascinating when you see the results though - literally like a cross-section through the body viewable in three different planes. In my case it showed cartilage in my neck that had blown and was pressing against my spinal cord, which explained some, but not all of the symptoms I'd been having.

Going back to hospital on the 20th of this month for further consultation as the symptoms remain unsolved - fully expecting they might want to do another MRI to see if things have deteriorated further.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the sensible responses!

I should find out in a couple of weeks whether any neck issues are a factor in my neuropathy, or if it is all autoimmune (MMN) related.

And no, I'm not gay... :) Carrying coins in a small leather pouch increases the half life of jeans pockets several times over.

Associate
Just double gown.
Staff will have seen more dicks and vaginas than you've had hot dinners
source: Have seen lots of bits and bobs at hospital and stuck my fingers up backsides at work, dont let your children waste their lives in medicine.

Caporegime
Just double gown.
Staff will have seen more dicks and vaginas than you've had hot dinners
source: Have seen lots of bits and bobs at hospital and stuck my fingers up backsides at work, dont let your children waste their lives in medicine.

Hmm me too but my pimp doesn't like me calling the clients "patients"

Soldato
OP
I'm dying to know if verns jogging trousers were torn from his shy buttocks by the mri machine

I was more worried the staff would pass out after seeing my hairy legs...

But as I said, just kept the jeans on and it was okay.

The MRI machine reminded of something I read on an Urban Exploration forum some years back. A few guys had crawled up a storm drain to access an old railway tunnel in South Wales, now that would definitely be claustrophobic - and smelly, though at least you wouldn't have Heart radio playing I guess.

Caporegime
Why not just wear whatever they ask you to wear? It (probably) won't be anything the medical staff haven't seen before, if that's what you're concerned about.

Perhaps the OP is abnormally small and is a little concerned about the laughter?

Associate
Had one a couple of months ago (@ Bath RUH), the gown provided wasn't one of the old open backed ones, it had three sleeve holes so you are fully covered, and kept my boxers + T-shirt on underneath

Back
Top Bottom