Spec me a post box

Associate
When we bought our house a few years ago the previous owners had decided at some point to have the side (back) door as the main door, so this is where the letterbox is, which means we have to leave our side gate open all the time for the postman to get through to the letterbox - not ideal.

I would normally just swap the front and back door round as a cheap fix but the back door is arched at the top so this is a none starter. It's also probably going to be a real pain to replace, if i replace the front door, i'll want to do the back door too. Though financially this is going to have to wait at least till 2020

Options are:
1. find someone to retro-fit a letterbox to the current pvc front door. Not sure how feasible or costly this would be
2. get a wall mounted post box. seems the easy and quick solution i can do myself

Can anyone recommend a wall mounted post box?

Soldato
Associate
I recently fitted this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WRSCF2H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as new door does not have a letterbox, its fairly sturdy no issues so far, takes the amazon small parcel letters with no issue.

Fitting was straight forward enough, but the top two screws are in line with the letter box opening so can be tricky unless you have long screwdriver.

The only drawback with these is they are very easy to steal from. My brother lived in a flat with one of these and post went missing regularly :(

Back
Top Bottom