1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec me a printer

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Hitman_Leon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hitman_Leon

Man of Honour

My old faithful Epson D88 decided to shuffle its mortal coil.

I need a printer good on ink costs and cheap to buy; use for uni work, projects and such.

A cheap all in one would be a bonus, ive not bought a printer for a few years and my scanner refuses to work with win 7-64.

2. scrlk

Mobster

How cheap is 'cheap'? I recently picked up a Epson BX925FWD for £110, it's a great printer.

3. pitchfork

Sgarrista

Budget? Do you really want a dirt cheap inkjet, banding, banding everywhere.

Just got a dell 1250c, it's not the quickest printer, but toner is dirt cheap and the quality is better than any inkjet at the price. Don't think I'd ever go back to ink to be honest, laser is a better technology for everything except photos if you ask me.
    Don't just buy the cheap 80gsm copier paper though, get the 90/100gsm laser paper for a quid or so extra, the quality difference is astounding.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  4. Hitman_Leon

Man of Honour

Around £100 tops.

5. Hitman_Leon

Man of Honour

I was looking at the 1250c but the cheapest toner, what price you getting it for?.

6. pitchfork

Sgarrista

On a large supermarket direct site the printers themselves are currently going for £39 (£30 off)

I get toners (full set) on ebay for £32, the replacement black is about a tenner by itself, it's dirt cheap printing.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012