1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec me a Printer

Discussion in 'Printers' started by danceMB, Nov 16, 2012.

1. danceMB

Wise Guy

I have been asked to find someone a printer for xmas. It does not have to be expensive, but this person has a lot of pictures they want to print out

The only thing they want is a printer where the replacement cartridges do not cost a fortune. I have had a look at the budget side of things, and the cheap photo printers do indeed cost a fortune, so am at a bit of a loss here on what the best one would be to go for?

2. rishy

Hitman

Have a look at Kodak printers, from the tv advert as i remember they said they had the cheapest price per page i think

3. Philtor

Soldato

Failing the above make sure you get one with individual ink cartridges, instead of just a black and colour cartridge.

4. nelviss

Hitman

i have used just about every brand of printer in the past 3 years and epson is the cheapest to replace with none generic inks (more inks from amazon)

5. SkodaMart

Mobster

Just picked up a Kodak ESP C310 from Tesco for £45.

and that was including ink.

Cheap and cheerful, but it will be great for printing out 'lots' of photos.

The other option is just put them on a dvd and take them to Asda, let them print them for you.

6. nelviss

Hitman

well that might work but the gf prints all kind of stuff *(the hp does beter edeg to edge prints) over all the epson works out cheapes and we do a lot of prints

7. OLDPHART

Soldato

Hi, check out Canon printers, l only pay about £20 for 5x5sets of compatable ink cartridges. Some Epson printers the colour cartridge holds the 3 colours , so if one colour runs out. When you replace it, you are wasting ink as the other 2 colours still contain ink.

8. Paul11

Capodecina

Canon IP4950