Spec me a soundcard please

Soldato
Hi Guys,

You can see my spec in my sig :) The only thing its missing is a decent soundcard!

I dont do that much PC gaming anymore, but I listen to a lot of music. I have my PC connected to my AV reciever (Denon 1907) and a 5.1 speaker set up. Ideally im after something to handle music and movies mainly.

Got around a £50 budget, so what do you guys recommend? Is something capable of DD and DTS affordable at that price? Budget is flexible if i can justify spenidng more.

Any help is much apprieciated.

Thanks

Benny C

Suspended
M-Audio Audiophile or Revolution 5.1
Do you need 5.1 analogue outputs? Using digital out or analogue out from the soundcard?

Soldato
OP
Thanks, im not too knowledgable, Atm its conncted to the amp by Co-axial. So ill probaly keep it that way. I have a third optical in on the front I dont want to use as it looks a bit naff having an optical cable sticking in the front!

Afaik it needs outputs to bang the sound through my amp.

As for know it'l just be a 5.1 set up as i cant fit any more speakers in my room!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-043-CL

something like that maybe?

Suspended
The M-Audio offers better sound quality the CL. Still if you're using digital out it really doesn't matter, just buy a cheap soundcard with coaxial output. Check it streams DD & DTS, the Revo 5.1 does. No problems with Revo 5.1 in my HTPC

Soldato
OP
ahh that looks perfect :) will probaly go for the 5.1 over 7.1 as i cant see myself using the full potential of my amp.

Thanks for your help mate ;)

Soldato
trying to haggle a refund form an etailer for my xfi (software doesnt work, fullstop. sick of it :D)

will be getting a rev 5.1 though, looks REALLY nice. Why didnt I see that a few months ago :(

Back
Top Bottom