Spec me a system if possible

Associate
Hey

Been out of the mix for a few years so lost track of what’s good etc

Looking to play mainly warzone at 1440p

Need a monitor aswell budget around £1700 could stretch a little further

Associate
Monitor selection based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YOh8SqiRc&t=314s&ab_channel=HardwareUnboxed

HP X27q monitor could be a good alternative to the below.​

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,690.84 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

1440p-p.webp

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do the AMD cards generally perform better than the RTX cards? Just wondering if it’s worth adding extra and going for a 3070ti or possibly a 3080

Man of Honour
Do the AMD cards generally perform better than the RTX cards? Just wondering if it’s worth adding extra and going for a 3070ti or possibly a 3080

It depends on the price and which card, but generally speaking RDNA2 has strong raster performance and energy efficiency (6x50 cards seem to have lost this advantage, because they're been overclocked too far), but much weaker (as much a tier down, compared to nvidia) ray tracing.

Associate
RTX is cool if you want to play your games with ray tracing.

I played BF5 once with RT enabled, thought it was cool and then turned it off .

DLSS is actually pretty useful but AMD has the equivalent software for their GPUs.

Nvidia voice is pretty good too, if you stream.

Associate

I think you're getting AMD suggestions for two reasons:
1. With their (very recent) driver they have had a performance boost that won't be found in many reviews yet
2. Warzone favours AMD cards and this is the workload you mentioned in your first post

nVidia is also a good choice. Now is the best time in roughly 2 years to buy a graphics card (although I'd argue they are still expensive based on historical president).

One thing I would be aware of for AMD is that Stuttering and lags in Call of Duty: Warzone (Caldera map) are also being investigated right now, in those same latest drivers that improved performance in some workloads. Whilst AMD imply this is related only to the 6900 XT it says 'products such as', so could mean the whole 6000 series stack.

Back
Top Bottom