Spec me a TV £800....

Associate
Hi all...well had a plasma for about 10 years now and is starting to die (had a really good run with it).

So will be in the market for a new TV at max budget of £800 I would say. The current one is 42" so would not want to go lower than that and bigger is better please. Really no idea about LED, LCD, Plasma.

What I do with this one is watch TV, connected to a media player to play MKV, AVI and MP4 files so something that can do this without the need of a separate media player would be nice. Main use is to watch films...all genres from action fast paced to comedy etc. Do not watch much sport on it tho.

Would like some smart TV functions like skype would be nice, also I have a samsung phone so connecting that upto it would also be cool.Will look to buy an Xbox or PS4 in the future but not set in stone.

Really do not see the big attraction of 3D really so that is not a big factor unless someone can convince me otherwise.

All help appreciated.

Caporegime
3D is standard on all decent tv's therefore if you want to avoid 3D you want to buy a crap tv basically.

i would be looking to pick up a 50" ST60 at just above your price bracket, or wait until your plasma has died and it should have dropped in price further by then.

Associate
OP
OK a question regards Plasma and the whole burn in debate. Is this really a big problem. As a lot of the channels my kids watch have a constant logo on the screen.

Soldato
OK a question regards Plasma and the whole burn in debate. Is this really a big problem. As a lot of the channels my kids watch have a constant logo on the screen.

Let me put this as simple as possible as I can for you mate:

It is going to be very very very VERY difficult to leave screen burn on a plasma nowadays.

Caporegime

burn - no

image retention - yes

depending on how often and how long it is viewed for it can be a problem, which can get worse over time if it is the same channel constantly.

with varied content however it isn't really an issue.

you could get an LCD or just buy the kids their own tv if it is a big issue.

Back
Top Bottom