Spec Me A: USB Hub For A Lenovo AIO 520 Running Windows 10

Soldato
I have a Lenovo AIO desktop running Windows 10 and being used for our business. It has 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3 and 1 x USB-C ports on the back.

At the moment, the keyboard and mouse take up the 2 x USB 2.0 ports and the printer is plugged into the USB 3 port.

What I’d like to do is to have a USB hub down on the desk for plugging flash drives, USB sticks and iThings into as using the other USB 3 port on the LHS of the computer takes a bit of groping to find and getting at Athens rear panel means moving the computer which upsets Herself who’s “got it just right”. And I’m the one who’s supposed to have OCD...

Anyway, I tried an ancient powered USB 2.0 hub and the Lenovo wasn’t having any of it. Only detected it when connected to a USB 2.0 port and doing so stopped the mouse from working.

So, USB and Windows 10 gurus, what’s my best solution here?

1. A shiny new powered USB 3 hub connected to a USB 3 port?

2. A shiny new USB 3 hub connected to the USB-C port which doesn’t need to be powered?

3. Something else?

Soldato
Not too clued up on such hubs but initially I'd look for one with Type C connection, as presumably that will have more bandwidth for everything on the hub in a worst case scenario. Plus when you plug in a Type C device, it wouldn't lose speed.

CAdtk4O.jpg

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I would suggest getting a USB-C hub - Devices will be speedy and there are a lot of options

Back
Top Bottom