Spec me a vacuum cleaner?

Soldato
odd question to ask i know but my parents trusty Dyson hoover has broken after 8 years service so need some advice and recommendations on any good vacuum cleaner you have owned that has been good value for money.
I went online to simply get them another dyson and there are so many different models available that range from £250-£400 :eek: even at Sale price i dont know were to start. And when did hoovers become so expensive?
it needs to be an upright hoover so no Henry hoover shout's please. They want another Dyson but i dont even know what model is good anymore or is there a cheaper alternative that anyone has used that is just as good without the inflated price?
thanks

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Henry.

Can’t be beaten for value and despite what people think of Dysons I’ve always found them overpriced.

Soldato
lol asks for an upright and specifically says no Henrys, then first three posts suggest a Henry.

Henrys are great value for money but obviously you want an upright.

Dyson's are a little OP but they are reliable long term, come with decent warranty and have got a really good cheaper, portable range that are light, small and run on rechargeable battery. If the house is not massive, it makes for a good choice. You can get them for sub 200 with versions that cater toward pet owners if they have long haired cat or dog.

Is it worth the money? Depends completely on how much they want a Dyson. I would have said no until owning a portable, as the previous one I had was pricier and nothing special, but this one is cheaper, easier to empty and has no issue dealing with gravel and crap when i use it in my car.

Soldato
OP
why do you need an upright?
its for my parents who are old so they cant go bending over all the time using a nozzle and pulling a Henry hoover around they need a nice light upright.

Dyson all day long. Screw what the poors say, they're excellent pieces of kit.
which one is best though? most of the £250-£300 are all called Animal which seems to be aimed at pet hair and they dont have pets does it make any difference?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Would a V6 or V8 not suit them better? Battery life isn't amazing on max setting but they appear to be very good for a whip around here and there. Be better than handing an unwieldy hoover.

There's often deals for refurbished models on their eBay store.

Soldato
Kermit suggestion is pretty similar to the Dyson i have. I remember paying 169 when it was not on sale. Dyson also have constant cashback trade in deals if you have an old crap vacuum you don't want if you can wait a bit.

I believe the animal ones are just made so that the hairs don't tangle at the brush/head, though dont quote me on that.

Soldato
OP
Would a V6 or V8 not suit them better? Battery life isn't amazing on max setting but they appear to be very good for a whip around here and there. Be better than handing an unwieldy hoover.

There's often deals for refurbished models on their eBay store.
i suggested one of them but they do have a large area of carpet from living and dining room to the hallway, stairs and upstairs rooms so they would rather have an upright thats more powerful

Caporegime
which one is best though? most of the £250-£300 are all called Animal which seems to be aimed at pet hair and they dont have pets does it make any difference?

We have one of the pet jobbies, from what I can tell the only difference is that the pet ones comes with an extra fitting with a rotating brush (which is great even without pets).

Soldato
I just picked up a refurb dyson V8 absolute for 250. Love it. Get both of the heads, one for carpet and one for hard floors. Super powerful, puts my henry to shame. Henry has lasted a long time but need something smaller and more convenient. Very happy with the dyson so far. First one ive had.

Back
Top Bottom