Spec me: an American address

Soldato
Because Amazon is gay and I no longer have the address I used to grab their *region locked digital* content a while ago, which state was tax free again? Thanks.

*gay

Soldato
I'm going with:

12421a Faffenmeister boulevard,
Wobbleville,
Pudding Bowl County,
Maryland,
America,

No need to thank me!

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Canada isn't even a part of America. :p Infact it's more a part of Britain than America. :confused:

Then again, this is Amazon US, and they are quite dumb, hence the warning 'US'.

Caporegime
Guys, how is circumventing regional pricing differences any different to piracy?

In both cases you're obtaining the product against the wishes of the devs/publishers/distributors, for much less than a legitimate legal purchase.

Just saying. I know some of you would frown on piracy, but are happy to buy US/Russian/Asian downloads which are much cheaper than UK products.

Soldato
OP
Digital yes, because its all the same, exact same product, why should we pay more cause we aint yanks? Besides, it's only illegal if you grab Russian keys iirc, American should be fine, but they can suck my wrinkle sacks either way.

Caporegime
Well you aren't paying the asking price, are you... no arguing against that either.

You don't live in the US. We have no legal right to buy things at US prices, or to enjoy any other privilege of being a US citizen.

Circumventing regional pricing to get games cheaper is just another form of infringement.

Soldato
OP
Don't care, when was the last time you saw anything on sale on Amazon.co.uk? This is the internet, there is no reason to sell the exact same products for cheap in one place and rip the others off, if there is a way to circumvent, it will be done. The only reason I don't buy Russian keys is because the law over there makes them stupid cheap, but yankland and Britain are similar enough. It's about time we broke away from the fail EU anyway and became the 51st state of yankland.

Caporegime
We happen to live in a globalised world, especially when it comes to these companies.

Now its fair enough that different nations have different taxes and such, but buying a game anywhere else, is just like being a tourist and buying the game there in the first place.

So there really is no point arguing against it or should it be illegal for tourists to buy anything they can get in their home nation? (for extremely inflated prices...).

Look at Australia, their games are a pure rip-off, I know of no Aussie Developer either, should Aussie gamers have to suffer because of an archaic argument of distance on products?

Thank god for the UK's Law views on EULA jurisdiction (jack ****).

Caporegime
The thing is, a publisher might decide to strike a deal with the US because they make more sales in the US.

That doesn't entitle people from the UK, Germany, Japan to go buy the product at US prices.

If this keeps happening, perhaps the sales will simply stop, or there will be more Steam account bans, or prices will just go up to compensate.

You can beat the system in the short term, but I wouldn't expect this to last. A few more account bans and people will get the message.

Back
Top Bottom