Spec me an ID Card please

Soldato

Amazing!
Modern day and age and we seek to strengthen security all over the place, proper verifiable ID, and you let the old style run around with pieces of paper, magic :)

It amazed me at your council elections some councils wanted folks to bring their polling cards, some wanted ID, some required neither.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
And this is the problem with no state-issued ID/resident’s permit cards in the UK.

I can totally see why OP doesn’t want a plastic driving licence. I have an old paper one, but that’s because Belgium is even more backwards than the UK and only started issuing plastic driving licences around 10 years ago.

Anyway, Belgium issues state ID cards for citizens and resident permit cards to foreigners. Not valid ID for travelling abroad, but you can’t pick up registered packages without it.

Not sure why the whole ID card debate got everyone in a fluster a few years ago, but for people who cannot drive and have never been abroad, it must be frustrating not to have picture ID.

UK passports are also hideously expensive and bulky. I think mine cost around £150 as it had to be shipped from France as the FCO no longer issue passport in Brussels....

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The guy wants ID but not a new driving licence?

I have paper one but don’t want to update it even tho it’s a massive PITA.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I don’t want a new driving licence even if it meant I could keep my old one. Just because. Maybe we’re weird?

And it’s a huge PITA. I can’t put my driving licence in my card holder, which means I have to take my wallet with me anyway and leave it in the car :p

Man of Honour
OP
Aren’t you a bit old for dummy spitting? Cmon, tell us why you’re being so awkward. You’ll get a much better response if you answer with something other than “just because”.

I don't want to take my driving license, passport, NHS IDs or anything else like that out with me - it's that simple.
I just want a card that proves who I am, is that so hard to understand?
99% of the time I am on my cycles, I don't want to be carrying important stuff round with me.

Soldato
ID is important.

So youre going to have to carry something important about with you if you want to carry ID

Even friends who don't drive have and use provisional licenses as it's the easiest and most accepted ID

People suggested citizen cards and pass cards etc which are the other option but personally not theywortj it as they cost near enough the same as a photo card driving license. There's always a chance that someone not clued up doesn't accept them too.

Soldato
Read this thread in disbelief - can someone for the love of bob explain go me why the **** people are sentimentally attached to paper forms?? :D:rolleyes::rolleyes: heard it all now - is this the same weird psychology that causes people to vote in weird ways :p

Jokes aside, baffled, send help, people even admitting paper licenses are a hassle, yet still want them....can't handle the logic.

Man of Honour
I don't want to take my driving license, passport, NHS IDs or anything else like that out with me - it's that simple.
I just want a card that proves who I am, is that so hard to understand?
99% of the time I am on my cycles, I don't want to be carrying important stuff round with me.
Just because you don't like the answer that doesn't mean it's not a sensible suggestion. There are no other official ID's that will be accepted without question other than passport/driving licence those who can't drive get a provisional if they don't want to carry a passport it's that simple, I'm sorry you don't like the answer but you'll get over it.

Soldato
I don’t want a new driving licence even if it meant I could keep my old one. Just because. Maybe we’re weird?

And it’s a huge PITA. I can’t put my driving licence in my card holder, which means I have to take my wallet with me anyway and leave it in the car :p

So you cant put a driving licence, which is a card.....in your card holder?

Instead you fold up a larger paper licence and jam it in?

goMH6Cc.gif

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Look at those lovely card slots you can use. Think if you didn't have a gigantic wallet to carry your paper licence you could have a smaller less bulky wallet lol
My TROVE is even better, but the paper licence doesn't fit :(

Soldato
Get a photo rail card that doesn't go anywhere for a season. Like from one station to the same one without leaving. A kind station official did this for my dad when he lost either his licence or passport and had to get a domestic flight the same day. Might be worth asking if they still do photo rail cards.

Back
Top Bottom