Spec me an ID Card please

Man of Honour
OP
Just because you don't like the answer that doesn't mean it's not a sensible suggestion. There are no other official ID's that will be accepted without question other than passport/driving licence those who can't drive get a provisional if they don't want to carry a passport it's that simple, I'm sorry you don't like the answer but you'll get over it.

Nobody has actually given me that answer until you so I haven't had chance not to like that answer.
If that's the case I'll just take my passport.

Although mrbell1984 has just linked to something !!!

Soldato
I linked to that and something else in post #25 :confused:

Also, lots of people have said the same thing that the driving licence and passport are the only official ID's that are widely accepted. Something like the citizen card might get ignored as not many people are aware of them so assume it's fake.

Hell, you could even order a "fake" driving licence online, but just use your actual details if you wanted.

Man of Honour
There is no other blanket accepted ID other than passport/driving licence.

Things with a "PASS" logo used to be accepted relatively well but it was so easy to lie and be however old you liked that most places just went back to passport/driving licence only.

Nobody has actually given me that answer until you so I haven't had chance not to like that answer.

I gave you that answer yesterday as well ;) I also stated why the citizencard/PASS logo isn't universally accepted.

My source being 6 years working security and we only ever accepted passports/driving licences for the above reason.

Associate
I gave you that answer yesterday as well ;) I also stated why the citizencard/PASS logo isn't universally accepted.

My source being 6 years working security and we only ever accepted passports/driving licences for the above reason.

And I gave my anecdotal experience of using the citizencard during a period I was unable to obtain a drivers license and didn't want to carry my Passport. It got rejected more often than it did accepted.

Permabanned
And I gave my anecdotal experience of using the citizencard during a period I was unable to obtain a drivers license and didn't want to carry my Passport. It got rejected more often than it did accepted.

Yet I have used it throughout my life and it's never once been rejected across various businesses that require it. I used to use it at least once a week for a year at one point.

Associate
Yet I have used it throughout my life and it's never once been rejected across various businesses that require it. I used to use it at least once a week for a year at one point.

Well he's got feedback of 2 different people using it and having different experiences now. I got it purely because I couldn't get a drivers license, which we know is accepted pretty much anywhere. All up to the Fox now.

Edit: Just to add, I now have a license and run in to no issues; as you can imagine.

Permabanned
Well he's got feedback of 2 different people using it and having different experiences now. I got it purely because I couldn't get a drivers license, which we know is accepted pretty much anywhere. All up to the Fox now.

Edit: Just to add, I now have a license and run in to no issues; as you can imagine.

indeed! indeed! - [ Can't let you do that, Star Fox! ] (starfox 64 quote)

Man of Honour
I have one of these, got it when I was younger https://www.citizencard.com/

I’d never seen nor heard of those in U.K., I suppose that they could come in handy, but FWIW, one of my French cousins visited us some years ago, bringing his 22 y.o. son.
I live some 250 metres from “The Mayflower” pub, in Rotherhithe, from where the Mayflower sailed to Plymouth, Devon, then took the Pilgrim Fathers to The New World, and my French family wanted to visit the pub.
When we walked in there, everything was okay, until I asked for a bottle of wine, and three glasses.
The barman, a Kiwi guy, working his way around U.K., asked for some I.D. for my cousin’s son.
He’d left his passport in my house, so he pulled out his French Carte Nationale d’Identité, with his name, photo, height, D.O.B., place of birth, and signature on it.
The Kiwi said, “No, sorry mate, I don’t know what that is, I’ve never seen one, so I can’t serve you, and the governor’s out, sorry about that.”
After mild protestations, we swallowed it, and got the young guy a Coca Cola, but my cousin was raving, I think that if he’d known someone in the French Government, there may have been a gunboat dispatched to the Thames, to shell the pub!

Caporegime

So you'll take a passport around with you, which is bulky, and if lost costs what? £50-90 to replace or something daft....but you won't apply for a card driving license, which is smaller, less important and cheaper to replace

Your logic is completely baffling. I HATE taking my passport out unless I absolutely need to. Couldn't give two hoots about the driving license.

Man of Honour
OP
Still waiting for someone to explain why their attached emotionally to a paper license, I literally don't understand why, is there some sort of secret benefit? lol

Well I'm not unless you're making your own story up.

ALL I WANT IS A CARD I CAN TAKE INTO ARGOS, POST OFFICE, CORNER SHOP, MATALAN ETC TO PICK MY PARCELS UP WHEN I'M USUALLY CYCLING HOME FROM WORK.
I DON'T WANT TO CARRY IMPORTANT STUFF WHILE I'M CYCLING.

Soldato
Well I'm not unless you're making your own story up.

ALL I WANT IS A CARD I CAN TAKE INTO ARGOS, POST OFFICE, CORNER SHOP, MATALAN ETC TO PICK MY PARCELS UP WHEN I'M USUALLY CYCLING HOME FROM WORK.
I DON'T WANT TO CARRY IMPORTANT STUFF WHILE I'M CYCLING.

Yeah nice one, we know what you want fella, we've solved that conundrum.

I'm asking seperatly why the heck people won't change their paper license to a photo ID card, its just so much easier, solves this sort of problem and I carry mine on me at all times anyway for ID or just incase im driving etc

Again puzzled at this paper malarky, you can leave a photo ID license at home as well, and its more durable than paper, I'm trying to find out why people are emotionally attached to the tree.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah nice one, we know what you want fella, we've solved that conundrum.

I'm asking seperatly why the heck people won't change their paper license to a photo ID card, its just so much easier, solves this sort of problem and I carry mine on me at all times anyway for ID or just incase im driving etc

Again puzzled at this paper malarky

Well it's not me and the love of paper.
I've been driving since 1975 and never once been asked for my driving license, it lives in a drawer somewhere so I have zero need to change it.
In fact I don't know where it is but Mrs Poole will know.

Back
Top Bottom