Spec me an ITX case/build for large air coolers

Soldato
Hi,

There is something about an ITX case with a large air cooler squished in there that does it for me, I've been looking and I'll list what I've found but wanted to know if I've missed anything.

I currently have and will be changing to -
Meshify C > Change to ITX in white
MSI Pro Carbon B450 > Change to ITX B550
16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3200 CL16 > Change to 32GB Faster RAM
Saphire Pulse Vega 56 > Change to RDNA2 when released
Seasonic Focus PSU 750W ATX > Change if required to SFX
Dark Rock Pro4 CPU Cooler > Keep for new setup
2600X > Change to Ryzen 4000
Samsung 2.5 SSD > Change to PCI4 M.2 NVME

The ITX Build will be for B550 - Ryzen 4000 and RDNA2 when its out, I can use my Vega 56 while I wait for navi

The case needs to take my CPU cooler if possible, it has to be white or silver, bonus if I can use my existing PSU but if not I can go SFX

The cooler I would really like to use, I know it will fit in an Inwin A1 and an NZXT H200 with lots of sweating and swearing. If a case fits all the other criteria but wont fit the cooler then I'll have to change it.

The main purpose of the new build is to save space, be white, air cooled with largest possible air cooler, have tempered glass side window, take a full sized GPU and look nice

Can anyone suggest any cases I might have missed please and if anyone can assist with any other parts which I know is difficult as half of it hasnt been released yet. I appreciate the ITX case might be on the larger side but needs to be smaller than the Meshify C, there is no limit on how tall it can be. The NZXT H1 would have been ideal due to such a small footprint but it has an AIO which I dont want, the Phanteks Shift Air is interesting but doesnt come in white unfortunately which also has a small footprint.

I think thats everything.

Thanks for any advice!

Soldato
InWin 301
Lian Li TU150
Raijintek Metis Plus

Be aware that while your cooler fits in the A1, it's got a reputation for being a nightmare to mount in there :p

Soldato
OP
InWin 301
Lian Li TU150
Raijintek Metis Plus

Be aware that while your cooler fits in the A1, it's got a reputation for being a nightmare to mount in there :p

Thank for the suggestions, InWin 301 is Micro ATX and doesnt support the DRPro4, its a nice looking case but I just looked it up and its 10mm wider and only 9mm shorter than current Meshify C

Lian Li TU150 would be absolutely perfect but the GPU Intake at the bottom is not filtered which is crazy

Raijintek Metis Plus - Window is on the right which is against a wall on my desk, GPU max size just 170mm

I'm up for the challenge of mounting the DRPro4 in a small case, the top plate can be removed so although difficult its doable, the A1 is too expensive and I'm not interested in the inc PSU and wireless charger so rules it out unfortunatly

Soldato
OP
Let an li as above !

There was that with Aorus 5700xt and Dark rock 4 build not long ago ! Beastly !

Just that lack of filtered intake though! Do you have a link to the build please? I googled it and found another similar build but was the one you were referring to on this forum? I am very tempted with this case I'm just concerned about the dust ingress

@Quartz

Coolermaster CM110 is a mouse? NZXT 210 is an option but reality is its not much smaller than my current case which is full size ATX, I dont like the Prodigy regarding looks but thanks for suggestion I will have another look to refresh my memory maybe there is a newer revised version or something

Soldato
OP
I've just done some measuring up and realised something, the traditional layout style cases are only slightly smaller by a couple of CM in terms of foot print than my current case, quite surprised because they always look really small in pics and on YouTube, must be the height of them making them look much smaller but height isn't an issue for me, footprint is.

Soldato
Just that lack of filtered intake though! Do you have a link to the build please? I googled it and found another similar build but was the one you were referring to on this forum? I am very tempted with this case I'm just concerned about the dust ingress

@Quartz

Coolermaster CM110 is a mouse? NZXT 210 is an option but reality is its not much smaller than my current case which is full size ATX, I dont like the Prodigy regarding looks but thanks for suggestion I will have another look to refresh my memory maybe there is a newer revised version or something

Will try and hunt down .

I get filters from demciflex , ordered for bequiet and Lian li dynamic. All case filters are naff personally

Soldato
OP
Will try and hunt down .

I get filters from demciflex , ordered for bequiet and Lian li dynamic. All case filters are naff personally

Nice one thanks, didn't think Demciflex was available in the UK, also not sure if the TU150 will be able to fit one but I'll have a look at the official site

Ah, I see it's been rebranded as the Elite 110.

Thanks for that, GPU limitation is too much though

I think I'm learning that most ITX cases that fit decent hardware arent going to be much smaller than the smallest ATX cases in terms of footprint. NZXT H1 solves that but I dont want an AIO and the Phanteks Shift Air appears limited to 2 slot GPUs so the case I want literally doesn't exist

Soldato
I think I'm learning that most ITX cases that fit decent hardware arent going to be much smaller than the smallest ATX cases in terms of footprint. NZXT H1 solves that but I dont want an AIO and the Phanteks Shift Air appears limited to 2 slot GPUs so the case I want literally doesn't exist
not true, but if you want an itx case to fit a big cooler, have a tempered glass window etc, it’s never going to be a really small itx case anymore. you’ll have to compromise somewhere, probably the window, as there just isn’t a benefit in a window in a small itx case usually as this will either a. Increase the size or b. Look naff as itx builds are generally much busier and not as aesthetically pleasing inside due to size constraints for cable management.

I have just finished an itx build in a Silverstone SG06, it’s 11 litres, I have a Vega 56 in it, scope to fit an aio I’ve just purchased but for now have the wraith spire to cool my 2600 ( could fit a big air cooler but would have to relocate the psu which people have done) Also have a blu ray player, ssd, 3.5 drive.. it looks smart but it’d be horrible (and stupidly hot) if it had a window for example. Prepare to mod the case too :)

Something that would fit your hardware (maybe smaller psu not sure) is a Kolink satellite, but it’s not great looking but you could plastidip it white etc.

Looking at it your Meshify c hasn’t got that big a foot print as it stands so unless you’re gonna go to a proper sff itx case I don’t think you’ll ever find something.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looking at it your Meshify c hasn’t got that big a foot print as it stands so unless you’re gonna go to a proper sff itx case I don’t think you’ll ever find something.

Thats is where I'm at, I want what doesn't exist or is even possible. The NZXT H1 does everything I want though but its got an AIO so I'm just going to stick with my current case and save a small fortune, ITX cases that do everything I want have a similar footprint to what I already have unless I go NZXT H1

Soldato
Thats is where I'm at, I want what doesn't exist or is even possible. The NZXT H1 does everything I want though but its got an AIO so I'm just going to stick with my current case and save a small fortune, ITX cases that do everything I want have a similar footprint to what I already have unless I go NZXT H1
Look at a Silverstone ft-03 if you can get one... Only thing missing is a window which is easily added.edit the Silverstone lucid has a window too and works, I think it's garish though!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just done some measuring up and realised something, the traditional layout style cases are only slightly smaller by a couple of CM in terms of foot print than my current case, quite surprised because they always look really small in pics and on YouTube, must be the height of them making them look much smaller but height isn't an issue for me, footprint is.

Width is going to depend primarily on CPU cooler clearance.
Length is going to depend primarily on how much GPU clearance the case has.

So any case with large CPU cooler clearance and support for long GPUs is going to have a fairly large footprint, with the InWin A1 being about as small as it's possible to get. The only way to drop the footprint further is to reduce compatibility, or do what the LD03 does and stand the case vertically.

Are you planning on going with a high-end CPU? If not, Noctua's U9S and C14S are quite capable, and far more compatible with small tower-type cases down to Ncase M1 size.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah garish is the perfect word for that case, not really my style! Looks good in terms of spec though

CPU I currently have a 2600x and with 4000 series it depends on what betters the new consoles so will probably end up with with a higher core CPU next time, 4700 or 4800x I would imagine

Last edited:
Soldato
Relentless81 is that the meshifiy micro c matx case you got, sorry to derail but thats the case i want along with that cooler and was trying to find out if it would fit.

Soldato
OP
Relentless81 is that the meshifiy micro c matx case you got, sorry to derail but thats the case i want along with that cooler and was trying to find out if it would fit.

Hi, no its the full size Meshify C ATX version. I think you're referring to the Mehify C Mini - If I remember rightly the footprint is the same or very similar its just not as tall. Have a look at Fractal's website it will tell you the cooler limitations

Back
Top Bottom