Spec me (my sister actually) a £200 Laptop.

Caporegime
Received this message earlier from my sister, having had a quick look on Amazon (OC/UK don't sell anything equivalent) there's a mountain of options, just need something half decent.

Help me pick something good for her please.

Thanks. :)

Hey bro. I am thinking of getting myself a laptop or netbook whilst I'm in lockdown. Will you have a look on Amazon or eBay at a good one, please. It is for dealing with emails from solicitors. Watching tv in bed. Skyping etc and whatever else I can do to keep myself entertained. Willing to pay up to £200 !! xx

Last edited:
Soldato
Received this message earlier from my sister, having had a quick look on Amazon (OC/UK don't sell anything equivalent) there's a mountain of options, just need something half decent.

Help me pick something good for her please.

Thanks. :)
Erm Scania you realise you have put a link to her Facebook page? Unless Im missing something here and/or its just a scam.

Soldato
Youll struggle at the £200 price point, there's a lot of rubbish out there at that. Most of which have eMMC storage which is really quite slow, plus horribly slow dual core processors with 4gb ram.

Anything you buy at £200 is going to be pretty much the same as the next thing. My advice on that budget is get a second hand laptop, you b can buy something a few years old with an i5, 8gb ram and an SSD. If it has to be new then either buy whichever £200 laptop looks the prettiest or double your budget.

Caporegime
OP
Youll struggle at the £200 price point, there's a lot of rubbish out there at that. Most of which have eMMC storage which is really quite slow, plus horribly slow dual core processors with 4gb ram.

Anything you buy at £200 is going to be pretty much the same as the next thing. My advice on that budget is get a second hand laptop, you b can buy something a few years old with an i5, 8gb ram and an SSD. If it has to be new then either buy whichever £200 laptop looks the prettiest or double your budget.

Yes, the budget doesn’t seem to bag much, I’ve found a better option with an SSD instead of eMMC but it’s nearly half her budget again, perhaps understandably in the circumstances she’s reticent about a used one but yes that is certainly the route I’d take....

Soldato
Yes, the budget doesn’t seem to bag much, I’ve found a better option with an SSD instead of eMMC but it’s nearly half her budget again, perhaps understandably in the circumstances she’s reticent about a used one but yes that is certainly the route I’d take....

I've just been in the same situation with my wife. She wanted a brand new laptop for £200. I warned her that it'd be a slow as hell piece of junk like the last one she bought. In the end got a 15" Dell inspiron 5000 with an i3, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme drive and a 1080p display etc for about £450. They're doing 0% over 12 months on paypal of that helps too.

Back
Top Bottom