1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec Me: Office Headset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Le Clandestin Brun, 2 Nov 2021.

1. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

My wireless gaming set is getting a bit tatty and, although great for virtual conferences/meetings, are already a bit too bulky for professional use.

Who has a headset they use professionally and love it enough to recommend?

I'm unsure if I want a single eared headset as opposed to the standard dual ear/speaker, I think I'd miss the immersion.

I know mics can be hit or miss, but if you have one that gets no complaints when in a conference whilst outside on a breezy day I'd love a suggestion :)

2. Maccapacca

Don

3. Maccapacca

Don

4. Philtor

Soldato

5. Kenai

Capodecina

I have a Jabra Evolve2 65 and it's very good but the microphone picks up a lot, so possibly not so good if you want to sit outside. Sound quality is great, range is good, battery lasts ages.

6. Russinating

Capodecina

We use Logitech G533s at work (and gaming personally). It doesn't fit your bill of being less bulky but why is that an issue? They're really comfy, audio quality is good and battery lasts for ages.

7. Dis86

Suspended

I don't have a specific model but I'd always recommend single ear if it's for business.

8. dLockers

Sgarrista

Jabra Evolve2 65 /thread

9. dLockers

Sgarrista

Really? I've never had that feedback/rely on that not being the case! Dodgy settings? (Infact I bought them to replace some Plantronics BB2s that were abysmal for background noise.

10. paradigm

Caporegime

11. Praetorian

Gangster

Have a set of these as well after the Jabra Evolve 65 that I had kept snapping the headband (even with gentle usage). Thankfully I wasn't buying them, my company was, and they saw a lot of the same issue, mainly around the little plastic area just above the headphones which covers the sliding mechanism.

12. BigT

Mobster

Jabra Evolve 75UC but it’s pricey. If you’re on calls all day the ability to walk around up to 50m or so is great. Stretch the legs, put yourself on mute (button on the mic) and go and make a cup of tea or go to the loo! Connect the base unit to your mobile via Bluetooth and to the desktop via USB and you can take calls and switch with ease.

If I’m on video I prefer a pair of Aftershokz with a desk clamped streaming mic. I prefer to have something very light on my head as I tend to move around and be expressive with my gestures. Also looks like I’m not wearing a headset so more “natural” without just having the audio on speakers.

13. Kenai

Capodecina

Yes, albeit mostly voices it's picking up rather than ambient noise I suppose.
    "Who is Dave talking to about the visit on Wednesday?" when I can barely hear what Dave is saying :p

14. Hades

Caporegime

Nowadays I use a set of excellent wired sennheiser headphones and a proper near professional wired microphone. But when I need portability I use my old Plantronics Focus UC connected by Bluetooth.

15. !bluetonic!

Mobster

I bought this and I love it.

It oozes quality from turning it on to making calls.

16. Feek

Commissario

This, definitely.

17. Mark M

Mobster

Why single ear out of interest?

18. Philtor

Soldato

When I was in the office, I always preferred a single ear headset so I could hear what was going on around me.

Working from home, I prefer to cancel out the noise from my neighbours kids lol

Just my 2 cents.

19. Dis86

Suspended

To maintain awareness. I also find if using a mic its easier to modulate your own voice volume.

20. Hades

Caporegime

Personally I find dual on-ear headsets best for the office. My office was quite noisy so the dual cups cut out some of that noise. But having then on-ear rather than over-ear let a little bit of noise through.