Spec me two boards please!

Associate
Need two boards:

1. For a Q6600 with good headroom for overclocking. MUST support Intel Matrix Raid 0 (stripe) so I can migrate my array.

2. For a E2200 with solid RAID-5 support. (aka, NO asus P5K boards with their half arsed ICH9 implementation - just RMA'ed 3 boards).

Associate
OP
Just for history:

Don't like Asus anymore!
I have confidence in my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 - I love this board ;) It's still serving faithfully - but not sure what current Gigabytes are like.
Abit - had a bad experience 4 years ago and not used since. Don't know what they're like now.
MSI - bleh, quality seemed cheap last time I used them but may have changed.
DFI - got one of these on my old Barton - still running rock solid ;)

Associate
I would say that to get a solid RAID5 then you will need to get an add on board.

I am currently looking at the Adaptec 5405 which is a SATA/SAS 4 port RAID card, fits in a PCI-Express x8 slot. Also look at the Highpoint 3510.

I don't really believe that any board has a solid RAID5 on the ICH chipsets.

Don
GA-DS3R fits the bill for both

awesome gigabyte board

doesn't have crossfire, but if you don't need that, then it has the rest

-don't know if you'll be able to migrate a raid0 array with no problems, it's from intel->intel, so it might be ok

backup data first

Associate
OP
Bleh, I got the Abit IP35 Pro. Read a lot of reviews and forums, seems some are having issues with the gigabytes at higher FSB. Abit was the only board I found next to no negative feedback on... Sucks because I'm not really an Abit fan 8)

Cob

Cob

Soldato
I've just moved from a P35-DS3P to an IP35-Pro and I've found it to be fine. The Gigabyte was solid and easier to overclock, but the Abit is proving to be a match for it.

Back
Top Bottom