Spec new phone from a s3

Soldato
Hi.

My mums birthday so gona get a new phone for her, she has a s3 with a custom firmware so it was android 7 i think but has issues with some apps like britishgas as keeps telling her to upgrade to their new app which doesnt work on her phone for some reason. Other than that and a few other app issues sometimes like whatsapp migration its been ok.

Anyhow so want a new phone for her, something with latest android os so all apps new and old will work, at least 16gb of internal storage, a good battery life and a easy to use OS interface and not full of bloat ware if possible.

Not sure what her sim card size is i think micro so hopefully has that slot as dont wana have to get a different size one if i can.

Something that is easy to migrate to. Something that isnt more than £150 bought sim free so no buying over 24months crap etc. Something that possibly has good visability for outside use like s3 but not a deal breaker if not as i guess ill just have to teach her how to bump the brightness up when she needs it.

No chinese phones etc so something i can get in town or well my brother can pick up from say asda or carphonewarehouse or a tesco big store etc the general phone shops most have access to. And no phones where u need to buy £10 top up as some shops say is needed to get it or tied to contract, sim free be best. Oh and around the same size as the s3 or not a lot bigger.

For general texting family on whatsapp, checking bills on apps, barely ever use the browser/chrome or barely ever uses youtube either but a nice camera might be nice as to take family pics for whatsapp sharing and enough space to not worry about taking some videos of grandkids etc as i dont want to have to deal with no storage space issues when updating apps.

Last edited:
Soldato
Second hand Galaxy S8? Taller, but narrower than an S3.

If you want new, I think Nokias don't have much in the way of bloat.

Back
Top Bottom