Spec some some nice drinks to make with Russian Standard Vodka

Soldato
I've never been a vodka drinker since a friend and I drank far too much of it abour 4 years ago but I saw that Russian Standard was on offer in Sainsburys for only £9 so thought I had to add it to my mini bar :D So what are your favourite easy to mix vodka based drinks?

In before vodka coke!

Thanks,

Flare.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Chill vodka.
Pour vodka into glass
Drink.

Tbh i've never acually tried this i did how ever have a small swig of it straight out of the bottle which was at room temperature, please assure me that the taste of it chilled is much better...?

Soldato
Aye Grey Goose is much better, some ice helps make it go down aswell with lemon I find. I started off drinking Vodka to get drunk, but find a small glass can be quite tasty by itself :)

Soldato
Moscow mule - Vodka, ginger beer (Crabbies alcoholic variety is my preference) and fresh lime.
Long Vodka - Angostura, Vodka, fresh lime (or lime cordial) and lemonade.

Soldato
OP
Aye Grey Goose is much better, some ice helps make it go down aswell with lemon I find. I started off drinking Vodka to get drunk, but find a small glass can be quite tasty by itself :)
Awesome, i'll give that a try. I'm heading off to the shop now so i will get a few things :)

Moscow mule - Vodka, ginger beer (Crabbies alcoholic variety is my preference) and fresh lime.
Long Vodka - Angostura, Vodka, fresh lime (or lime cordial) and lemonade.

Ahhh yeah, i had completely forgotten about Moscow Mules! I've not had them for a verrry long time but do like them very much.
A Long Vodka sounds brilliant. Which Angostura would you recommend? I'm not going to go out and buy a bottle but do have a few bottles of rum already, Kraken (it's a black spiced rum), Sailor Jerrys and Havana Club Añejo Especial.

Soldato
TVR :D

Tequila, Vodka, Redbull :D

Not too bothered about vodka, generally just buy cheap stuff and use it to throw in oretty much anything else to give it a % :p

Soldato
OP
TVR :D

Tequila, Vodka, Redbull :D

Not too bothered about vodka, generally just buy cheap stuff and use it to throw in oretty much anything else to give it a % :p

Haha, p*** head! :D
I take it you do that as a shooter? Could be quite nice in a glass with ice though, although a tad lacking in sofistication... :p

Back
Top Bottom