Speeding question (sorry if its been asked before)

Soldato
Ok so today I made the stupid mistake of taking my eyes off my speedo to have a glance at the road ahead ;) Low and behold as I did so I noticed Eagle Eyed Plod and his trusty speed detector thingy on a flyover bridge. I was doing about 80 at the time in a 70 limit. As I got closer I noticed him writing in his little black book :(

About 1/2 a mile up the road at the roundabout Traffic Plods 1 and 2 were there busy talking to Mr Saxo and Mr Golf so I wonder if Eagle Eyed Plod was just there to give the word to these guys as to who to pull over?

I thought if it was just a radar speed readout they had to pull you there and then? I'm not an expert on these matters so I was just wondering what are my chances of getting a letter through my door?

Soldato
OP
I dont think it did, looked like quite a small unit with two round discs on the front one over the other.

I can't complain if I have been done as I was over the limit... I just wish they targetted more dangerous areas as opposed to straight sections of dual carriage way with light traffic :o

Soldato
OP
Dangerous said:
I'd say you would have been fine as 80 on the clock would have been about 75ish and if they were pulling others over then wouldnt of had camera.
Wish that were true but I've gone from 13" to 15" wheels which has made my speedo pretty much spot on :(

Soldato
OP
ste_bla said:
Are you sure it was a speed detector and not a reg/tax checker which would explain the police being there pulling cars over which the system tagged?
I don't think so, round my way they tend to use vans that are marked vehicle registry checking or something like that. It is a possible though.

Well as you say its not exactly crime of the century so I won't lose any sleep over it, I could just do without the £60 fine (couldn't we all :p )

Soldato
OP
Dr Who said:
My ex traffic cop father said they wont pull you for a genuine 80 in a 70...

Indicated 80 you should be fine...

Unless your speedo is hellish under reading which is illegal..

:D
No it doesn't underead, its pretty much bang on.

I've been really paranoid since, I think i'm now looking at the speedo more than the road ahead :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom