split a vertical monitor into "2" screens

i have a wide 27inch monitor that i've decided to use vertically due to space limitations on this desk. is there any way to get windows to treat this monitor as though it's 2 screens, so i can easily snap, full screen etc without it taking up the full vertical screen?

Permabanned
Soldato
OP

Windows 10 also adds support for vertical window-snapping. Press Windows Key + Up or Windows Key + Down to snap the current app to the top or bottom halves on the screen. Pressing Windows Key + Up a second time will maximize the window, while pressing Windows Key +Down a second time will minimize it.

windows key up just full screens whatever the app is, and down minimises. there's no inbetween. i'm on win 10

Soldato
yes with winsplit you just set up a hoitkey so it will rotate window between locations eg left-half, 1/3, 2/3 , right half, 1/3, 2/3

Associate
Hijacking this thread for a semi-related question about Linux.
I have used different Linux distros on desktop in past, but not in last 7 years.

Is there a desktop environment on Linux that has same Win-Arrow key combination to move windows around multiple desktops? Or at least can painlessly set up that key combo. Minimise, Maximise, snap left and right, move between monitors.

Back
Top Bottom