7th Sep 2010 KO 19:45

TV - Sky Sports 2/HD2

Sky Sports Preview - Link

Other matches of interest -
Rep of Ireland vs Andorra - Sky Sports HD4

Scotland vs Liechtenstein - Sky Sports HD3

This is going to be tough :( :p

Associate
The Argentina v Spain game looks good on paper, might be a bit of damp squib though... you gotta go with your national team when it's a competitive fixture!

I'm not full of optimism that we'll win tonight, but a draw won't be the end of the world. This is essentially the toughest game we have in the entire group.

I expect Fabio to go with his beloved wonky 4-4-2 again after that (flattering) 4-0 against Bulgaria. I'd still prefer a true 4-2-3-1, especially seeing as Rooney doesn't really play as a withdrawn striker for United anymore, but Defoe will play after that hat-trick. I guess it'll be exactly the same team, but obviously without Dawson. As long as Upson isn't the replacement, I'll be satisfied.

Theo Hat-trick? happened last time we were away at the best team in our qualifying group!! :D

Soldato
Cahill should start tonight with Jagielka...hope Adam Johnson starts tonight as Walcott didnt do anything against Bulgaria apart from run.

Man of Honour
OP
Cahill should start tonight with Jagielka...hope Adam Johnson starts tonight as Walcott didnt do anything against Bulgaria apart from run.

I hope Johnson starts too, unlocking the Swiss defence isn't going to be easy and it will test him quite well I think.

Soldato
Ignoring what i would like, in favour for what formation think Fabio will actually play, i would like:

..............Hart
Glen.....Jag......Cahill...A Cole
Milner/AJ..Gerrard..Barry..Milner/AJ :)p)
........Rooney
......................Defoe

Associate
So,

theoretically..... IF i didnt have Sky, and i wanted to watch just this game, but i didnt want to pay the £30+ i would have to shell out to pay for a months subscription to Sky Player with Sky Sports.

What are my options if i want to watch at home?

Associate
Sucks that its not on ITV :( anyway think england will pinch a cheeky 2-1 win. Give Walcott another chance, hes been on fire for Arsenal so far this season.

Man of Honour
He wasn't that bad in the previous game, the whole midfield wasn't doing particularly well if remembered.

Theo's actually one I don't mind playing tonight. The more games he gets the better. Training/playing with different players will do him good.

Man of Honour
The England team is:

Hart, G Johnson, Jagielka, Lescott, A Cole, Walcott, Gerrard, Barry, Milner, Rooney, Defoe.

Sub: Foster, Gibbs, Cahill, Carrick, A Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Bent.

Back
Top Bottom