***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
Awesome update, yeh harry, Squad is for big boys only hehe, just joking, just join any squad and ask questions.

I have on several occasions and been kicked out and called a noob for not knowing the intricate mechanics of the game. I would consider myself semi seasoned when it comes to hardcore sim games. So not like it would take a whole lot to learn the mechanics but toxicity has always sadly made me turn the game off after about 30 minutes.

Soldato
I have on several occasions and been kicked out and called a noob for not knowing the intricate mechanics of the game. I would consider myself semi seasoned when it comes to hardcore sim games. So not like it would take a whole lot to learn the mechanics but toxicity has always sadly made me turn the game off after about 30 minutes.
Thats a real shame, when i have joined squads, they always very helpful to me, but yes, if they kick people out for a noob reason, thats bad, there is a manual that explains a lot of the stuff, even i have to go back to that when i aint played for a while.

Associate
Been a LONG time since I've played (well before vehicles were added :p) but now A9 has dropped, I really want to get back into this - going to jump on tonight I think!

Soldato
toxicity has always sadly made me turn the game off after about 30 minutes.

Find a different server. Some places they focus on the game not other distractions. Game engine dynamics isnt gameplay so thats nonsense. There is a forum for squad I think, might show up a decent community. PR had some very serious server admin in places, one server was run by the British army no less

Associate
Are the steam items fixed yet? I saw it said they'd be fixed in the next patch but not sure if it was meant as the patch after 9 as it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.

Soldato
Cheers for putting the patch notes up, shankly1985 :)
Xcept1 mate. any chance of giving a shout to someone at EAC, since last EAC or Squad update, me and a few friends cant play Squad at the moment, below is what i posted on another forum, but no reply yet, thx

Notice with new Squad update XAudio2_7.dll is getting untrusted system file again, this was fixed in last EAC update, is this Squad or EAC problem again, maybe thats why a lot getting dissconected from servers again ? can you please look into this, as cant play again now, cheers

XAudio2_7.dll file was whitelisted by EAC like a week ago, but not now, i reckon they may have forgot to allow it in the latest EAC update, hashes below aqain.
CRC32: 0D95E432 MD5: 475FECCF1B94949AD3CC2587D5C3AD16 SHA-1: 97EFB2376EB259FB3372A0FA4C7DCCE23FE0E8AE that is the edited file hash's to give us surround sound on windows 10

Soldato
What does XAudio2_7 do for Squad?
To enjoy surround sound in Squad and other major games that use the XAudio2 API(Witcher 3 and a lot of other games), you need to use a edited custom system file XAudio2_7.dll for windows 10, to get 5.1 in game if using digital out/spidf to a av amplifier or other equipment, so EAC the other week white-listed the above edited file so me and others with same problem dont get kicked from servers, but after recent Squad/EAC update it is kicking us again, i think EAC forgot to add the file to its white list again, people that use headphones its a problem at all.

Soldato
To enjoy surround sound in Squad and other major games that use the XAudio2 API(Witcher 3 and a lot of other games), you need to use a edited custom system file XAudio2_7.dll for windows 10, to get 5.1 in game if using digital out/spidf to a av amplifier or other equipment, so EAC the other week white-listed the above edited file so me and others with same problem dont get kicked from servers, but after recent Squad/EAC update it is kicking us again, i think EAC forgot to add the file to its white list again, people that use headphones its a problem at all.

O that sounds cool would this fix Unreal 4 lack of 7.1 surround?

Soldato
O that sounds cool would this fix Unreal 4 lack of 7.1 surround?
I dont think the latest build of unreal engine/so squad has added 7.1 yet, but i know its coming, if you use your graphics card hdmi output to a av amp you dont need the fix either, only for optical/spidf out soundcards, deffo need the fix as sounds in squad are awesome.

Soldato
OP
Xcept1 mate. any chance of giving a shout to someone at EAC, since last EAC or Squad update, me and a few friends cant play Squad at the moment, below is what i posted on another forum, but no reply yet, thx

Will bump them about it now.

Edit - Are you getting errors specifically related to the dll?

Soldato
Yes, was ok last week.
EAC Integrity Violation Untrusted system file C:\ Windows\System32\xaudio2_7.dll)

They fixed it last week, email they sent me 28th feb below, but they must have forgot to add it again to recent update.

Hello,
We are planning to whitelist this particular dll soon. ETA is during the first two weeks of March. Thanks.
--
Best regards,
EasyAntiCheat Team

Soldato
Can someone explain to me the new end of round scoreboard?

Previously, you had kills and deaths which was self explanatory.

Now you have three symbols which could all represent kills or deaths?
Is one for kills that were revived, one for unrevived kills, and the other deaths?
Or is it kills, revived deaths and full deaths?

Soldato
OP
There will be a playtest for the a9.1 hotfix which includes an attempted fix for the EAC disconnects on Wednesday 19:00 UTC. To test it, we need to play several rounds on a full server. In our internal testing there has been an occasional 'Corrupted packet' error message, but we have not yet found the cause of it. Anyone who gets this error or any other issue is kindly requested to contact QA staff on discord. Password and patchnotes will be released in advance.

Back
Top Bottom