***Official Squad Thread***

Associate
There will be a playtest for the a9.1 hotfix which includes an attempted fix for the EAC disconnects on Wednesday 19:00 UTC. To test it, we need to play several rounds on a full server. In our internal testing there has been an occasional 'Corrupted packet' error message, but we have not yet found the cause of it. Anyone who gets this error or any other issue is kindly requested to contact QA staff on discord. Password and patchnotes will be released in advance.
I was getting this error! I seemed to fix it by deleting the old shortcut that i was using then going to the game directory and sending the squad launcher shortcut to the desktop and used that. Problem solved, well for me anyway

Soldato
OP
Playtest has started and will go on for several hours, just playing regular fun games. Branch password is dontkickmepls . To activate it, go to Properties of Squad in Steam, click the Betas tab, and enter the build password. http://prnt.sc/ekq3jg . (Don't worry, it's a small download.) Please bring all your friends to fill up the servers!

Patchnotes: Alpha 9.1
  • Fixed several issues in the EAC plugin
  • Changed EAC server logging settings
  • Added new conformation window when getting kicked from a server displaying the reason for the kick
  • Fixed RCON plugin being disabled
  • Fixed RKG-3 not doing damage to vehicles
  • Fixed FOB takedown ticket cost logic being inverted
  • Fixed a StopReplicating crash by pulling in the fix from UE 4.15
  • Fixed constraint array issues by pulling in fixes from UE 4.15
  • Allow Linux servers to use directories that have spaces in them
  • Fixed incorrect impact effects after penetration
  • Fixed performance on issue on penetration exit holes
  • Fixed Linux compiler issues Fixed hilltop buildings so windows are enter-able again
  • Fixed some fences that were not penetrable
  • Renamed texture streaming setting in the graphics menu and inverted the logic so that people who refuse to read don't turn texture streaming off by accident. If you read this you are not one of them.
  • Increased chat size
  • Replaced green in the magazine counter widget with white
  • Added outline to magazine widget Increased opacity on the scoreboard for better readability
  • Added "enemy hab" marker to the SL's minimap menu
  • Added 30mm water impact sounds
  • Modified distant crack sounds for rifles
  • Fixed AK and M4 semi auto sounds
  • Changed SVD close up sound

Soldato
OP
Squad Alpha 9.1 hotfix has been released

These are the changes and fixes in this patch:

• Fixed several issues in the EAC plugin
  • Changed EAC server logging settings
  • Added new confirmation window when getting kicked from a server displaying the reason for the kick
  • Fixed RCON plugin being disabled
  • Fixed RKG-3 not doing damage to vehicles
  • Fixed FOB takedown ticket cost logic being inverted
  • Fixed a StopReplicating crash by pulling in the fix from UE 4.15
  • Fixed constraint array issues by pulling in fixes from UE 4.15
  • Allow Linux servers to use directories that have spaces in them
  • Fixed incorrect impact effects after penetration
  • Fixed performance on issue on penetration exit holes
  • Fixed Linux compiler issues
  • Fixed Yehorivka conquest repair stations not repairing
  • Fixed hilltop buildings so windows are enterable again
  • Fixed some fences that were not penetrable
  • Renamed texture streaming setting in the graphics menu and inverted the logic so that people who refuse to read don't turn texture streaming off by accident. If you read this you are not one of them.
  • Increased chat size
  • Replaced green in the magazine counter widget with white
  • Added outline to magazine widget
  • Increased opacity on the scoreboard for better readability
  • Added "enemy hab" marker to the SL's minimap menu
  • Swapped the Russian MTLB NSV for the 30mm variant on Fools Road AASv3
  • Added 30mm water impact sounds
  • Modified distant crack sounds for rifles
  • Fixed AK and M4 semi auto sounds
  • Changed SVD close up sound
  • Modified HMG 3p close up fire sounds

Soldato
I've been looking at this for quite some time and think i might take the plunge and pick it up.

Is there a regular bunch who play this? Been looking to get some decent team action on the go for ages but i've only got 2 pc gaming mates who are casual players. I used to love clan gaming back in the day with desert combat mod for BF1942 and really keen on playing team based games again.

What's the state of vehicles regarding Heli's and planes? Also i see on the Squad website you can have 50v50 matches which sounds awesome, is this implemented yet?

Looking forward to jamming on this with some of you, i'm about all night tonight so would be cool to meet some of you and learn the ropes :)

Thug
Soldato
yeah wouldn't mind playing with someone. Tried to play a few times and the learning curve is immense. Truthfully seems to be quite a few people just milling around. maybe have a couple "training" servers or at least a guide map to get people involved at a basic level?

Soldato
I'd join you sports brah but i dont have a clue whats happening either. Just played an hour and the sound is incredible.

I died many MANY times yet never even saw anyone. I was hoping this was a bit more towards the old BF style of things but it appears more ARMA. Tried to speak to a few people but mostly got ignored when i said i was a newbie.

EDIT: Just got it refunded. I'll dip my toe back in when its fully released. I always want to like these games but jeez its hard. The sound though was brilliant, although often gunshots sound way closer than they actually are.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried squad on some truely prehistoric hardware and it works quite well, think they optimised it and stuff. I havent been playing much but nice APC rolling up and all sorts. Come a long way pretty fast.
I'd say it looks better then Arma 3 though I not played that recently either but lighting in the dawn hours of the map was nice to see progress

Permabanned
Any update on when we might get the new walking animations and free look ? I saw the video showcasing both but was wondering how far off it is ? weeks, months, year ?

Soldato
OP
Any update on when we might get the new walking animations and free look ? I saw the video showcasing both but was wondering how far off it is ? weeks, months, year ?

No set date but probably another couple of months as v10 is going to be a massive game change with lots of changes coming in.

Working fine again for me with Reshade :)

Excellent, cheers for the info!

Soldato
OP
Any modders here? SDK A-9 is uploading as we speak. Usually takes overnight to update and then the rest of day for epic to push it. Possibly released in approx 24 hours! Get ready! It's all happening!

Back
Top Bottom