***Official Squad Thread***

Associate
Hmm, tempted with this. In limbo for a game to play. What's the learning curve like for a newb?
I don't find the learning curve that bad really, if you get into a serious squad it can feel a bit daunting though with all the army talk etc lol most squads are friendly and will help you if you say your new,but, some squads are complete bum holes lol most of the community is great though, I havnt played in ages so might jump on in a bit for a quick blast :)

oh ive only played this game for a total of 20hrs or so, still feel like a noob but find it great fun 90% of the time :)

Associate
just had an amazing game of this, was in a good squad and was funny as hell lol, I LOVE it when the squad your in isn't to serious, a armoured thingymabob approached my squad and pinned us down, the guy with the anti armour couldn't see it so one of the squad members said " I will jump on the roof of it and do a little wiggle so you can see where it is" lol he actually did hahaha then he died...the rest of us was pinned for ages while it was looking for us when I said "shouldn't we try to make a break for it" when the squad leader replied "no! its like a t rex, it cant see us if we don't move" lol

We all stayed still laughing hard until we all died lol its moments like this that make me love gaming :)

Associate
yeah I agree, I left after that game as was worried the next squad I was in would be dry and too serious, I don't mind playing properly etc and working as a team,but people forget gaming is about having fun :)

Soldato
Played a couple of games last night and, wow feels really nice.

Medical bandaging and healing feels clunky still (possibly worse than v9) but everything else is an improvement. We knew for so long what V10 would bring and I think it lost a lot of the hype by the end. But with this as the foundation, I cannot wait for the British and the new insurgent models.

Soldato
OP
Question for those that have played v9 for some time: What are your honest opinions on the new shooting mechanics that v10 brings? I honestly do not like them. Too much RNG involved for a "tactical shooter" in my opinion. Be as brutally honest as you like, just be constructive, thanks.

Associate
Question for those that have played v9 for some time: What are your honest opinions on the new shooting mechanics that v10 brings? I honestly do not like them. Too much RNG involved for a "tactical shooter" in my opinion. Be as brutally honest as you like, just be constructive, thanks.

You're the military adviser for Squad and you don't like the shooting mechanics of V10?

I am getting less kill's than in v9, does that help? :) I think everyone will need to get used to to unless there are plans to overhaul it all? :eek:

Soldato
OP
Stab in the dark, but I'd imagine the RNG element is the bullet spread encompassing recoil. A lot of games have a predetermined pattern of recoil and / or spread, whereas this won't.
Pretty much this. I've had a lot of times through testing where I was killed because my rifle decided to do something random and the other shooters did not. It's no better than have random stoppages in.

As for being one of the military advisors...the game designers have the final say!

Soldato
OP
Possibly? So many changes have happened I lose track! It's great seeing people still trying to us it as an "instant win" button and getting their salt on when they get killed haha!

Associate
oh and will we always have to use a reshade with this game? its just since the version 10 update I'm getting less fps, its still playable but would like to be able to play without a reshade really :)

Soldato
OP
oh and will we always have to use a reshade with this game? its just since the version 10 update I'm getting less fps, its still playable but would like to be able to play without a reshade really :)
Lighting is going to get a rework on all maps eventually. ReShade may no longer be usable for much longer as there is a bit of an exploit going around. Unless the ReShade devs can do something about it then I can see most decent MP games blacklisting it. Remember you can use some ReShade-esque effects in your GPU settings if it does get blacklisted.

We're also aware of the FPS drops with v10. There's been a lot of new system put in and they need a little more love.

Back
Top Bottom